Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me some info please on what they have installed when upgrading from the single MC circuit with hydraulic switch to a dual MC system with an electronic brake switch?

Need to know easiest option to install please.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
As far as 'easy', that would be a simple Tee fitting in one line for the original-style brake pressure switch like this. IFF fittings on each end and 1/8" NPT off the center branch for the switch.

If you plan to fit a proportioning valve, there are versions that combine a distribution block, prop valve, and brake switch like this, or another version like this. HTH

David

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as far as 'easy', that would be a simple tee fitting in one line for the original-style brake pressure switch like this. Iff fittings on each end and 1/8" npt off the center branch for the switch.

If you plan to fit a proportioning valve, there are versions that combine a distribution block, prop valve, and brake switch like this, or another version like this. Hth

david

thank you!!!!

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Drill and tap the front of the master cylinder for 1/8" pipe thread and screw in the stock brake light switch.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK here's an idea, please let me know if this will or will not work.

If i use the same junction block that was bolted to the front of the frame, remove the rear circuit from it and extend that direct to the new MC (front port) and extend the now isolated front circuit pipe up to the MC (rear port), but instead of blocking off the empty port in the junction box i could just fix in a 3/8"-24 hydraulic switch which is a common size over here, could it really be that simple??

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
OK here's an idea, please let me know if this will or will not work.

If i use the same junction block that was bolted to the front of the frame, remove the rear circuit from it and extend that direct to the new MC (front port) and extend the now isolated front circuit pipe up to the MC (rear port), but instead of blocking off the empty port in the junction box i could just fix in a 3/8"-24 hydraulic switch which is a common size over here, could it really be that simple??
Yes.
:tup:
David

PS: ... "distribution block". If it has valves or gizmos in it, then "combination valve".

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes.
:tup:
David

PS: ... "distribution block". If it has valves or gizmos in it, then "combination valve".

Aha, thank you!
I'm assuming distrubution block as it just appears to be a brass block with holes in it. I have however noticed that one of the ports has a fraction larger hole in it, i think it's the port that originally went up to the old master cylinder? All other holes are equal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts