Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, I bought a Edelbrock 351W Streetmaster intake at a swapmeet. I was wondering if anyone is familar with this intake and could provide me with some info on it. For instance, what is the approximate rpm range? I know that is an old design (1976), but I am not sure how good it is.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Would guess the max RPM on this intake is around 5000-5500.

The runners are extremely small. These intakes I believe were designed with the worst attributes of a dual plane combined with the worst attributes of a single plane.

Small runners, large plenum.

That said, I have never used one, so perhaps my assessment is wrong.

Good luck with it,

Greg

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Got one on the Torino, Its a crap intake, period. Falls on its face at 4500, and no low end grunt. When that car becomes the main project, its gettin a stealth.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
The Streetmaster was advertised as a 0-4000 rpm intake. I had one on a 390 in a 65 F-100. Ran great if you were stump pulling.

Go to Google and do a search for Edelbrock Streetmaster and you'll find a bunch of references.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I ran a streetmaster intake on my 351w in my 67 stang. I also got mine cheap, finished the project and ran it for about 3 weeks with a carter 600cfm. Switched to a holley 750dbl pumper and performer rpm. Out of the box the GAIN WAS HUGE. Much more lower, mid, and high rpm power. Extended power band also. Have a good one.

·
Registered
541 Posts
It is for all you fe people out there with streetmaster, or holley street dominator intake that what to spin more than 4500rpm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.