Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The interior that is.

I want to get started stripping out the interior of the Fairlane wagon. This time i want to do it right however. (had stripped the 74 maverick out and couldn't get anything to go back together) I was wondering if you guyz know of any specialty tools that might make the removal easier or if you can just give me some good advice to do it right. I plan on bagging and labeling most screws bolts whatnot, but i'm sure i'm overlooking alot of things.

Thanks

-Jason

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
dixie cups and tape, a phillips and a regular, a 1/2" on a ratchett, pliars and a good marking pen...

Lot's of places to put things, and patience.... DON'T YANK ON ANYTHING!

Feel the power of the Ford Flow thorugh you.

FE

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dixie cups???

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
to put all the screws into....
Easy to folt the top over the screws and the marker provides a swell ink to marr the surface of the cup permanently enough that mild handling will not wear it away... (Trying to be funny not condescending...)

Yeppers... for the screws!

FE

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
I had a sectional like scrounge tray drawer to put screws in. Maybe like one of those that go in a tackle box. I had a note pad and different colored paints and painted the top of the screws to correspond with what they went to and noted it on the paper. In some cases I even made me like a rough diagram to know where a rubber spacer went or which was long and short screws in cases where one piece used different lengths.

Deb

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i never even thought of dixie cups. that totally would work. I'm hoping to get started on it this week. weekend is kinda full. got a chaeuffering job today and tomorrow i was going to go to the all ford show in golden put on by the Fairlane Club of America
car shows rock

1 - 6 of 6 Posts