Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i have a 91 gt with a 347 stroker, afr 185 heads, a comp xe282hr camshaft, edelbrock performer rpm 2 intake, 30lb injectors, 255lph fuel pump, 11:1 compression.
when i first drive it after ANY startup it will misfire and lose power then after a few seconds it picks itself back up and its good to go the rest of the time u drive it until u shut it off again and restart it. then it just does the same thing then goes away again.....weird as hell. after the misfire it will idle weird like too high....it idles right around 750 until misfire then it seems to be around 800-900 but with no misfire. seems like it started this after i ran cam 2 in it once just to see how it would do but seems like since then its just crazy. with cam too it would idle surge until it shut off...everytime i stopped somewhere. thanks for any input...i appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok so i just drove it again and its the same thing except i was sitting at a stoplight and all of a sudden it started idling right drove it about 15 more minutes then brought it home. this is the first time it started idling right without restarting it......weird.....any input???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts