Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used the Heidt Mustang 2 front end several times and the strut rods are always an addition. I am currently building another rod with the Mustang front and was wondering if any one has ever used the OEM lower a frames with out the struts.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I fabricated my own strut rods. Built them on the 66 Impala design. That way they are ajustable and mounted where I wanted them.

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
I have used the Heidt Mustang 2 front end several times and the strut rods are always an addition. I am currently building another rod with the Mustang front and was wondering if any one has ever used the OEM lower a frames with out the struts.
Do you mean flipping a set of MII upper A-arms to use as lowers? Or a different set of lower A-arms from a different model?

David

·
Registered
281 Posts
David, the struts on the MII aftermarket setup do not mount in an IDEAL location. I believe he wants to know if you can drive the car without them.
The answer to that would be NO.
Dave

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
David, the struts on the MII aftermarket setup do not mount in an IDEAL location. I believe he wants to know if you can drive the car without them.
The answer to that would be NO.
Dave
Agreed, stock = NO, as the struts are necessary for lower arm position and travel. I thought when he used the "lower A-frames" term, he meant modified OEM or custom/aftermarket, where the answer is YES. :tup:

David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts