Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car has been sitting for awhile and now I cannot move it because the front discs are seized and rear drums are seized - I mean really seized. Is there any advice on how to proceed before I break out the heavy equipment? I have sprayed all kinds of junk on them, even some home made solutions but nothing helps. I've banged on them, tried pulling with my truck(just left skid marks on the lawn which prompted my wife to comment:grin2:). I really don't want to dismantle where it's at so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
There is no magic bullet here. The front discs you have a chance with by soaking the pads with PB blaster. The drums are a different story because you can't get at the pads. You're probably going to end up having to cut the drums off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the info. I tried a number of things, I couldn't move the star, but in the end I had the car jacked way up and was laying under it with a 2 foot long hardened chisel made for just this purpose. I positioned it on the edge of the drum from behind and just banged it off. It came off and when i looked at why it was so hard to get off i saw what looked like spot welds of rust that had adhered to the pad in 4 or 5 spots. In any case it's off now. I think the other side saw what was about to happen and allowed me to spin it. Now to the front. I think there is only two bolts holding the calipers on. Anybody know where there is a diagram for '72 mustang disc brakes? Thanks in advance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts