Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got that 2-3 flare out of the way, amazing what good clutch pack clearances will do! Thanks guys!

Now on to my next dilema.

Any particular reason why a transmission would get extremely stuck in park on an incline? If you jack the rear end up and take the pressure off it will go outta park just fine. Otherwise it requires *alot* of force.

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
Parking palls sometimes like to do that, use the "E" brake. I usually round off the ones I go that deep into.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply!

I think that the e-brake is the proper solution. It is actually a friends car (I haven't even started my buildup, aside from a junkyard run for the C4). His e-brake doesn't work exactly right (car slightly rolls on an incline), we'll have to fix that soon (probably tomorrow, just needs adjustment).

Strange thing is that this just recently started happening, since the rebuild. Dunno what has changed...

As far as grinding, do you mean on the gear (splined for output shaft) or the lever (locks into the gear)? (I don't know which part is actually the pawl
).

Also some quick pointers on where you grind will be great, and I'll leave it up to my friend whether or not he wants to pull it again.

Thanks!
Justin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts