Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have a 68' Galaxie with a stock 302 and 2 barrel carb. The old one had finally kicked the can and was causing some pretty rough idle, so I got a new one (Autoline) to replace it. The new one is basically the exact same carburetor as the stock one. Since I've bought the new one, I've been noticing that as time goes on, or possibly as the engine heats up, the engine begins to stumble in gear. I can get it idling quite happily in park/neutral and when it is going down the road with steady gas applied it runs like a champ. However, for some reason it has a hell of a time idling in gear once it warms up. Any thoughts on what may cause this and any thoughts on what could help? Also, any good links to tuning carbs?

Thanks guys, I'll reply with pictures to any jabs you guys can take at it.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
However, for some reason it has a hell of a time idling in gear once it warms up.
Yeah, you have a lean condition. It dos OK with the choke but once it cuts off it stumbles. Make sure the curb idle is set correctly also.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet, I'll give it some more tweaking and see if heathying up the gas mix does the trick. Appreciate the advice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts