Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have a 71 torino and when my brother owned it he took off the knobs and added some really lame wood knobs ... I got them off ok but the replacement knob on the auto shift arm I got on most of the way but prob. could go about another 1/2 down ... the rubber mallet isn't doing much ... any other tips on how to get this darn thing down to the spot where it should be??

also the turn signal arm is froze in place so I cannot unscrew it to replace it with a correct looking replacement ... I've shot some WD 40 on it in hopes to unlock the threads but I'm thinking my brother might have used some kind of stuff to stick it in place?? why I would have no clue so hoping it's just some rust or something

any tips would be much appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
many thanks for the reply I got it off after a day long soak in wd 40 looks like my brother had used something on the threads but not sure ... wasn't a big deal but just wanted to make it look original again and not with cheap wood knobs. the shift knob still won't slide all the way down on the arm but not too worried it will I just have to use a bit more elbow grease I think LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts