Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was tossing the idea around on installing a set of these made by Global West on my 68 Mustang convertable.
For the cost and labour involved, will the end result be that much of a benefit on a mostly street driven vehicle?

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
I like them on my car, I definitly notoced a difference in the stiffness of the car. Why they are really worth it is because they add longevity to the structural integrity of the car. They dont really cost that much either.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
watch your ground clearance if you use those, they lay on top of the frame rail and will decrease clearance by an inch or two.

I like the Competition Engineering ones - get the bolt-in's and just weld them down - thats what they recommended to me. Powder coated black and they don't reduce ground clearance.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
I have the Global West connectors on my Falcon. They fit well and are right up against the floor so the ground clearance is good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pbrown on 4/11/06 11:49am ]</font>

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah I had some we fabbed out of 2x3 box tube on my previous '67 coupe. It made the car feel more rigid, no clearance issues. Had the weld on's on a fox-body. They hung down a bit more but the only time they drug I was glad it was the connector not the body itself. The real reason for doing this is for preventing the unibody from twisting up from - the axle goes one way the body the other. This really doesn't IMO become a problem until you are hooking up close to 300 hp. I've ridden in cars that had been twisted to the point where the doors where very sticky from body twist. But I would say with a vert you need all the help you can get as far as rigidity.

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Yes - anything that stiffens the chassis will help handling. We used the CE bolt ins and welded them in place. Car is stiff as a board now, even with swiss cheese floorpans in front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.