Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to install a set of subframe connectors on my 66 coupe soon. I debating which brand to buy. I was looking at the tcp and global west units. Any recommendations? diff brands?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I installed the TCP units on mine ( had some one weld them in for me ) and they are very stout, and well constructed, I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the good info. I think im gonna go with the TCP subframes and possibly the cross brace. Anyone out there running the TCP crossbrace on a lowered mustang? Hows the ground clearance? My car is lowered about 1.5-2 inches and it already loves to scrape headers on speed bumps.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I kinda wish I bought ones ready to bolt or weld in. I made my own for the Cougar. I needed new floors so I thought it would be a good time to add sub frame connectors. Here a picture. It follows the frame rails, it doesnt hang down at all and looks pretty much stock. I dont have a recent pic but this is the idea of it. I will take more after I finish the floor pan if the weather ever warms up.

68 Fairlane/70 Cougar

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dark7068 on 3/5/02 2:41pm ]</font>

·
Registered
278 Posts
I am running the TCP subs with the crossbrace on my Cougar. The car is lowered about 1-1.5". The header flanges are 4.5" the crossbrace is about 6" at the lowest spot. You probably won't have a problem. Their subs are a very good design, I could not believe how stiff the car is just backing out of the driveway.

TCP parts are very high quality, I also have their R&P, wow what a difference.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I bought the Maier racing [www.maierracing.com] subframe connectors for my 65 coupe. To my knowledge Maier doesnt offer that cross brace deal that GW and TCP do but I was still very happy with their product and how much of a difference it made in the feel and handling of my car, it really makes a big difference. As for clearance, Maier's connectors dont stick down any further than the original subframe boxes, I can only assume that GW's and TCP's are similar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts