Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a lot of options out there for Falcon rear springs, particularly if you want a little more rate, change in height or more anti-wrap.

Seems the only option was to go custom, at great cost.

Then, out of nowhere, it seems Summit sells 2 inch lowering springs for $95 for the pair:
Summit Racing SUM-6468M-2 - Summit Racing® Rear Lowering Leaf Springs - Overview - SummitRacing.com

It's a little troubling they they list them as Falcon/Mustang springs, given that we all feel the pain of non-interchangeability of the two.

Anyone ever use these?

I'd rather run real springs and shocks than the combination of saggy OEM springs plus air shocks that I've got now. I just have no reference for what a claimed 2" drop would produce, or how the rate would compare.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Mustang will not work for 64 Falcon. I bought my springs from North Coast Muscle car.

There are spring companies that sell on Ebay. Eaton is one. Some of the spring companies will customize to what ever you want. Do a google on leaf springs.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mustang will not work for 64 Falcon. I bought my springs from North Coast Muscle car.

Do a google on leaf springs.
What intrigued me was they specifically list these as Falcon springs in the fit categories.

I've been looking around and figured the real best option was just to go custom from a spring mfg. It's just that the price is more than I have budget for for this round of upgrades.

I guess I was most hoping to hear someone say "yeah, I used them, they [do/don't] work".

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Why wont mustang springs work on a 64? I am not sure but I think some people on here have used them with no problems but I could be wrong.........

·
Registered
95 Posts
summit only goes down to 64
i have a 63 and i need a 6leaf for a convertable.
any one
have one or two????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts