Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the engine and transmission in my 64 but it will be a while before I can drive it and I don't want to load it up on a trailer and haul it to a muffler shop. How many of you have used the Summit kit for a Mustang, specifically part number SUM-680110 which is the 2 1/4" kit? I realize I will have to buy some extra straight lengths of pipe to connect to the Hedman 88400 headers and also to extend the tail pipes to the bumper. I won't be using the mufflers that come with it because I don't want turbo mufflers. How did the tail pipes fit around the rear axle? I was thinking about ordering one of their 2 1/4" builders kits and making my own but there's not much difference in price and I wouldn't have to make the curve over the tail pipes with the Mustang kit.

I installed one of their dual exhaust kits on my 66 Chevy II and made down tubes to connect to the manifolds. The mufflers are ok, but I ended up switching to Flowmasters.

·
Registered
3 Posts
did you ever find a solution? I've got the same question as you. I can not find a reliable shop to run the exhaust. I'm new here and beginning on my 64 futura two door hard top. 289ci ford o matic tranny. Any advice will be appreciated. I'm trying to stay away from so much welding and would prefer a slip on clamp type systemThanks, bamabrown.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts