Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening folks...I'm new to the forum, yet a long time falcon ranchero owner (64).

However, I recently acquired a 1964 Falcon Sprint 260 V8 in Factory Color Code V (Sunlight Yellow). After some independent research, I imagine this is a very low production color...given that it appears the color was offered mid-1964 primarily in conjunction with the first year Mustang.

Prior to purchase, I was convinced that this would have been Phoenician Yellow (as they were both offered in '64), but was surprised to see the Color Code V listed on the data tag. Although I know production numbers by color aren't accessible, I imagine this has to be a rare color for a Sprint Falcon; build date is April 1964 (which further confirms the late release of the color for the mid year Mustang). Outside of the wheels, car is factory original including the paint.

Kinda cool since it seems that this color was not re-issued in 1965. Can any one confirm the rarity of this color?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I can't tell you how rare the color is,but I owned a 1964 Falcon Sprint in the same color back in 1973. Drove it for four years . I put a built 302 with a four speed. The car came with a manual trans . When I bought it it had no engine or trans. It also had a 9 inch rear end in it. I know the rear end was installed in it by my buddy.It was a v8 model had the five lugs on the front. Roger

·
Registered
91 Posts
Great car. I've had many falcons but the color on yours is more rare than the Sprints. KEEP IT unless U sell it to me. LOL. I had a 63 Sprint and had to sell. Damn the bad luck. Since then I have a 64 Futura hard top and my wife has her 63 Futura Convert. Good luck with your car and stay on the forum. More participation here will make it better and possibly keep the Falcons alive. How do you post Pics? I've been trying but only suceeded once. For some reason I'm having posting pics. Again great car! BamaBrown.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts