Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dirt track street stock rules state: stamped steel rockers only, no guide plates, valve spring must be stock diameter of head being used, stock cast iron intake and exhaust, hydraulic cam, 500 2 barrel holley, max. overbore .040,o.e.m. crank and rods to block. Have 69 windsor .030 forged TRWs. Want to know compression ratio if GTP's heads were used. Also other piston, cylinder head combos that I could use?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question, but have a question for you,
Do you have to take your valve covers off for inspection every race? how can they check your bore? and didn't the Boss come with guide plates?

I was just reading your post and it made me think.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was running 2bbl clevland heads with quide plates and 396 rockers on this windsor before. Can't race thiscombo anymore under new rules. Have got run windsor ,302 or 289 heads now. Chevy guys will post money for teardown. Have to stay legal. Need more info what to put on for top end.

·
Registered
359 Posts
you said you needed to use the stock spring size of the head being used, does it say what kinda of head you have to use because that was a production head

·
Registered
739 Posts
I think Mike is on to something here. The 351C 2-barrel will flow much more air through the required stock type intake and exhaust manifolds. Combine the high compression of the Aussie heads, some .010" above deck flat tops and a kick butt hydraulic cam and good, but stock dia., valve springs and you will have the Chebby guys asking for a tear down after every race!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys. You's have gave me the same answer as a well recommended ford builder in North Dakota. Was wonder if ford now has a single keeper 2bbl valve?

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts