Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried the Vario-Centric Camber adjuster kits for 65/66 mustangs? They have them in the Dallas Mustang catalog, and they are weld in and say they are good for high suspension loads. I need to get rid of the negative camber in my front end do you think this will help?
Also, what is a good cheap mig welder? I looked at a Miller for $550, but that is kind of pricey, what about the craftsman or those cheap ones on ebay?
TIA
Chris

·
Registered
32 Posts
I cant help you with the Mustang parts but you can belive this I wouldnt buy no cheap welder because it might not even finish the first little job you start and try to send one back on e-bay I have a Miller and its spooled off over 100 lbs. of wire and still works like its new. Please take my advice on this one you will thank me someday Get one thats big enough and stay with the leaders ie. Miller Hobart Lincoln ect. You wont be sorry for spending a few extra dollars. Brent

·
Registered
202 Posts
I haven't used them, but I've been thinking about that also. I was talking to a couple
guys at open track event, they told me they bolt the upper control arms down without shims and use something similar for the camber adjutments. If you go that route, you
would need adjustable strut rods to do the caster. Sure would be nice to dial in a bunch of camber for the track and back it off
for the street.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts