Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 64 ford galaxie which has new rear leaf springs and bolt on(uses axle u-bolts and replaces bottom leaf spring plate) slapper style traction bars.when i launch the car(4500 on a trans brake) the rear of the car raises about 4" to 5" then it starts to lift the front of the car which it stretches the front susp. completly out. I know the rear end lift is due to the axle rotating and the traction bars lifting the body.
My question is this, if the rear-end comes up first and then the front, isn't this two forces working against each other? It seems to me that I'm wasting energy by raising the whole car which is kinda what is happening.
Would adjusting the traction bars so that there is moe clearence at the contact point make a difference or would this just allow the axle to twist more and cause pinion ange problems?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have a 64 galaxie I run cal-tracs I too have the same problem chassis separation . what calvert recomends is to run a stiff rebound shock. this will limit the rear lifting. they use rancho 9000 shocks on most appl. I have the conversion # for ranchos but will have to dig it out as I am going to order a set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts