Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how much Shelby style or Boss 302 style front suspension go for and especially where I can find more information on these suspensions systems. Can they be adapted to fit a 68 stang.
thanks
Kenny

·
Registered
283 Posts
Shelby "style" (ie: 65 GT-350) was a 1" lowered upper A-arm, 1" (I think) front sway bar, quick steer pitman and idler arm, specific springs front and rear,export brace and Koni shocks F&R. I may be forgetting something...

Boss front suspension was a different spindle with bigger bearings (used on 70-73 Stang/Cougar), specific shocks -n- springs, 15/16" (?) front sway bar, stock location upper A-arm, and 70 only, a rear sway bar (1/2">>???), with specific shocks and spring, as well as F-60-15's all around (roughly 235-60-15 today)

You can buy all of the Shelby stuff from any Mustang shop, Koni's are about $450-$500 for 4 (mine are 12 years old, and perfect), Springs are @ $70 frt, $150-200 rear, Sway bars @ $125. Lowering the upper arm is basically free, but you'd be best to install a Global West Neg Wedge kit to prevent ball joint failure. Of course, if your 35 year old suspension is thrashed, all the shocks and springs in the world won't cure your handling problems. A complete (I mean everthing) front and rear suspension rebuild would be a good place to start before you invest in handling parts. Remember, you can't build on a shaky foundation.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats it, no fancy coilovers or control arms? Who makes the best aftermarket front end suspension?
Kenny

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any one else make coilovers and tubular control arms besides total control? Im looking for somthing more affordable if possible? Has anyone ever had them custom made at a welding shop?
Kenny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts