Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My '67 4-door just got new rims and tires (Vision Rally rims with Cooper tires). Now I am looking to upgrade the suspension. I just want it to handle better. This is going to be a daily driver. The roll and sway is awful currently. I was looking at a larger anti-sway bar, Shelby drop, going over to coil-over-shock conversion on the front end.

For the rear end my car is due for the leaf spring suspension to be upgraded or replaced. I would like to lift the rear end about two inches but not make it ride stiff.

I know very little about how to set up a suspension or even what questions to ask. I would like to be able to do most of the work myself but am limited to impact tools at best. I really don't want to cut on the car but am willing to scrap the leaf springs for coil over shocks if that would help?

Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick update. I spoke with the mechanic who has done 99% of the work on my car since I have owned it. I am going to go with a larger front sway bar and adding a leaf to the rear factory leaf springs (and adding new polyurethane).

·
Registered
379 Posts
Quick update. I spoke with the mechanic who has done 99% of the work on my car since I have owned it. I am going to go with a larger front sway bar and adding a leaf to the rear factory leaf springs (and adding new polyurethane).
Be careful on upgrading the front sway bar. You shouldn't go any larger than the factory 'big' bar, which I think is something like 15/16" or 7/8". I've run the 1 1/8" and it rips your sway bar mounts off of the the frame rails. And they are not fun to get in there and reweld. You could replace them with '70 Mustang sway bar mounts, which are beefier and may be able to withstand the larger aftermarket bars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts