Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 93 mustang with 408 stroker i just got it runing and well i am pretty impressed she runs great but it wont hook at all i have metco lowers and metco double adjustable uppers with eibach drag launch kit with airbag on passanger side how do i adjust my pinion angle and suspension so that the car will hook up and i will get the most out of my hp to the ground oh yea i 10&half inch et streets for rear meats....

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well to adjust the pinion angle you need to unbolt the upper passenger side link off the rear end and then take the driveshaft off to put your angle finder on and then adjust the upper left one till you get the angle you want then thread the pass. link in/out so it matches up with the bracket and slide the bolt in.........im not sure that the air bag is necessary since your uppers are adjustable.....that passenger side link can be tightend about an 1/8-1/4inch once you bolt it back in to add pre load the suspension but that really wouldnt have to do with it hookin just no launching straight............are you running stock shocks or adjustables? transfering the weight is important... does the car squat when you launch? if its squating its unloading the tires and they are spinning...idk if they make any bolt on adjustible mounting brackets or not but if they do that would help with changing the instant center and keeping it from squating.........i hope im sending you in the right direction....im new to the suspension stuff but im sure someone will chime in and correct me

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
iam new to it also so iam trying to figure it out myself but i will give that a try and see what happens ass far as shocks i have the 50/50 drag shocks maybe i should try the adjustables...thx alot fender i hope it works

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
What are you running for springs/shocks both front/rear?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts