Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased 1989 roller. I would like to install in 1969 Mustang Coupe. My question is what will I need to change to install this motor? I also need manufactures of these parts.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Need more info. Auto or manual trans? Carb or EFI? Serpentine or v-belt to run accessories?

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Front sump oil pan, timing cover to accommodate a fuel pump if going manual. Water pump, distributor with steel gear, correct pulleys for front dress. If you have a 302 in the car now everything will switch over except the balancer and flywheel/ flex plate. A 1985 distributor for a roller block will work. I'm sure I'm missing something, but we don't know your plans.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, The engine will have Edelbrock carb/ manifold, Comp Cam XE264, Shorty headers. I am still looking for heads that I can afford. Someone told me Ebay has ad for Procomp #3037. I have not checked it out. Have any comments? I will keep the v belt. Looking for 50 oz damper and flexplate to match pulley. If you know of company that offers the complete pulley and damper let me know. I also have a 2400 stall and C4 transmission. The car will be a daily driver.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
For a damper I used a Pro Products, it will accept 3- or 4-bolt pulleys, can change the imbalance by swapping weights ($11) and has timing marks for all three pointer locations that Ford used. I had to use a 3/8" pulley spacer ($15).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts