Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a '63 Monterey. I would like to install a larger front sway bar and no after market company offers one. I have adapted sway bars from one make of car to another in the past. I am wondering if someone out there has adapted one on to a full size ford and if so what worked for you. If I can't find one that will work I am considering one for a circle track race car such as on speedway motors web site. It would be nice to have a little less body roll. Also I know one can change the instant center (I think that is the right term) on an early mustangs by changing the location of the upper control arm. Is this possable on full size ford and has any one done it?

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1963-1964-Ford-Galaxie-1-inch-Sway-Bar-Kit_W0QQitemZ110029962511QQcmdZViewItem

What's wrong with this one?

As for the UCA relocation. I suppose it could be done but on a Mustang all you need is to drill two new holes (AKA Shelby drop). On the full frame car you'll need to relocate the mount on the frame. Not sure if that can be done with out frame interference.

It may be worthwhile to get a "Toe out bar" that stops the lower control arm eccentrics from moving during hard braking.

Stu

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I used a PST sway bar on my 64 and added a rear sway from them also. I ended up removing the rear sway for various reasons but the car was on rails while I had it in..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts