Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got this T-170 and toploader(s),

My question is can I use the T-170 bell housing, slave cylinder, clutch fork and throwout bearing with the Toploader?

They measure the same from the face of the trans to the end of the input shaft and the throwout bearing fits the same, just wondering if anybody has done this.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Not at all familiar with the T-170, but if the shaft lengths are the same, the throw-out bearing fits the only other thing to look at is the front bearing reatainer diameter being the same (so it fits in the hole of bell) and the bolt pattern for bolting the 2 together. If they will physically fit together then you are good to go

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've got this T-170 and toploader(s),

My question is can I use the T-170 bell housing, slave cylinder, clutch fork and throwout bearing with the Toploader?

They measure the same from the face of the trans to the end of the input shaft and the throwout bearing fits the same, just wondering if anybody has done this.
If remember correctly the T-170 is the SROD which is a 3 spd w/od in an all aluminum case. If so there are 2 versions. The mustang version has a longer input shaft than a toploader by 5/8" approx. Also the turret shifter is in the center of the tailhousing which fits fox bodies ok but not early falcon/comets. The truck /Bronco version has the shifter all the way forward which fits the early falcon/comets better. It also has an input shaft the same length as the toploader. Both trans bolt up to a wide bolt pattern bellhousing. The throwout bearing and arm arm are different for cable clutch compared to stock clutch equalizer.
R

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow you guys are amazing with the knowledge you have, I am truely impressed with some people's knowledge on here.

I have the T-170 truck version so sounds like everything should work together.

Thanks!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts