Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1982 mustang, c-4 tranny, recently i get from a donator mustang the t-5 tranny, whit the belhousing, fork, presure plate, clutch disc, pedals, cable, flyweell, and all bolds, the problem is that the donator car was in a yunk yard, whit no id´s, the sell man, say that the car was a 1990 mustang gt, but i want to know how, i can determine what year of the tranny, that one not have the id tag, bolted in the tail, the only parts numbers are the stamped in the case, "13-52-065-908" and in the tail "13-52-066-919", im very concern becasue the part number in the bellhousing is "e6zr-6394-aa", that part number is from a 1986 mustang rigth?, does any one help me in this one?.

oh another question, the clucth pedal needs to much effort for pressed, im planing to install a steel bearing retainer, what another thing can i use for get more smother clucth accion?

thanks again

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
The numbers on the case are worthless, you must have the tag that has the correct internal build code number on it to know what it came from.

BTW the E6# on the bell is just the part number for the bell since it was changed in 86 to accomodate the larger 10.5" clutch. It was the same part from 86-93.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, yesterday i look carefully the tranny and i see, a 89 involved in a circle, that´s mean thats it is a 89 tranny, the sell man say that the donator car was a 90´the 25 aniversary mustang.

is there in the tranny another cast number that help to identificate?

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
gerzen,

there should be a metal tag bolted to the transmission either on the top cover or the tail shaft extension housing where it bolts to the main case. It should have the identification numbers for what is inside the transmission and the year of assembly.
Paul

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah the problem is that that id tag its mising, i mean, tha tranny does not bring any tag bolted in any where.

i ben thinking, if i can get the gears ratios, maybe i can figure out, what kind of tranny, i have rigth, the 1989 becomes whit a 3.35 in first but have a 1.93 in second, the 90 have the same 3.35 in first but 1.99 in second, i supost the tranny its a 89 or a 90, 89 because the tranny have estamped an 89 involved in a circle, 90, because the donator car owner say it. i asume that maybe the 1990 mustang have a tranny whit an 89 stamped in there, because the dates of assembly, what you think fellas?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts