Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1993 MUSTANG WITH T-5, JUMPING OUT OF 2ND GEAR, SINCE SNYCROS SEEMS TO BE BAD ANY SUGGESTIONS ON INTERNAL UPGRADE OR REPUTABLE TRANS SHOP IN SOUTHEAST?

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
REBUILD IT YOURSELF AT HOME IT DON'T TAKE THAT LONG AND THE SYNCHROS ARE PROBABLY FINE IT SOUNDS LIKE A FORK IS BENT.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, I went through this not too long ago with my coupe. I ordered the rebuild kit from D&D Performance and did it myself. I had never done any trans work before and I was suprised at how simple it was. Take digital pics, make notes and if you have a question, the folks at D&D are super-helpful. Keep in mind the kit comes with no directions and a couple of pieces you may or may not need depending on what year model trans you have, so don't worry if you have a couple of odd bits left over. My trans is like new and I would do it again if I needed to. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I recently had my T-5 rebuilt by Bluemanthals in OKC. They are a big oufit and did an excellant job. What they did special was that they replaced all the gears, syncros and bearings with heavier duty components AND upgraded first and fifth gears to more usable ratios. For example instead of the .62 fifth gear they installed a .76 fifth gear. That way when I shift from forth to fifth the car doesn't bog.

·
Registered
49 Posts
is it hard rebuilding it because in nutral you should be able to move it to the side and let go and it should spring back to the middle but mine only does it on one side.

·
Registered
55 Posts
move it to the side and let go and it should spring back to the middle but mine only does it on one side.
Thats a shifter problem. the small metal retainer that holds the springs in has broke, so there's no spring pressure to return the stick. invest in a good new one. The trans part was a piece of cake, but then im used to rebuilding heavy duty truck trannies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So what parts do you need to upgrade to handle 500HP? I downloaded the manual but need a parts list?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Go to d&d website for the parts. youre looking for hardened gears and beefy cluster gear retainer. I believe they have a kit that has it all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts