Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the thread states: I'm doing a power train swap in my 68 Falcon - going from a 408W - TKO 600 5 speed to a 430W T-56 Magnum. Old setup made 472/527 to the wheels through a 9 inch 3.7 ratio. It's been solid since 2013. Gone a best of 11.8 @119 MPH with a best 60 ft of 1.9 :(. The car is a street/strip car and will continue to be even with a 750 plus horse motor and transmission upgrade.

I know Modern Drive-lines website has a cross-member for 66-71 Fairlanes, Falcon, and Torino, but it states: T-5, TKO, C-6. 66-71 Fairlane/Falcon/Torino T5/TKO Crossmember - Modern Driveline T5-TKO-cross-member/ Was wondering if anyone has installed a T-56 Magnum in a 66-69 Falcon? My understanding is that the TKO 600 is a bit taller and wider than the T-56 and the T-56 is longer than the TKO. Thoughts??

There seems to be posts in here where there are no responses and then some that get attention. No expectations, but I'd be glad to hear some of the experience in here. Thank you.

Respectfully.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone!!?!?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well, I don’t have the answers you’re looking for, but it seems like when someone replies to a thread it at least gets the dialogue going and another member might chime in.
Doesn’t Tremec have any info on doing the swap? I would think the guys that sell them every day would know what is involved. I would also think they would have a blue print of the transmission dimensions. That way you could see what dimensions are from the front to the centerline of the mounting holes. I would GUESS the crossmember would have to be moved from its stock location, but since you already have a TKO in there you might be good to go already.
Hope you get some replies here. I’m putting a 5 speed in my ‘71 GTO this summer, luckily a number of people had done this swap already so I had a ton of great info going in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts