Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been hard at the car every weekend, but getting into detail work and progress seems to be slowing down.

Got the steering column in. Comp Eng kit with a Grant wheel, got a deep dish wheel and a 3 inch extension so when the wheel is off the column leaves a good size opening to get my swelte figure in and out

Tacked the rear shock brackets in, no adjustment at the housing brackets so I hedged my bets and gave myself about 3 inches of ride height at the top

Funny car cage has been done for a few weeks, got all the helmut tubes in and the last upright. Do need 2 more helmut bars above my head but will do them when the body if off and I have some room.

Finally got enough sheet metal out of the way to get a tire under the car, still has to go 3 inches up, going to take some major work to get rid of that metal. Did give me a good idea about housing width though

After starting out Sun morning to try and figure out door hinges and realizing that Hairy Glas doors only look like a T-bird door and it is going to take major surgery to get it in the opening I went to work on Daves sheet metal rear end housing.

Lastly is a pic of a real bargain I just got, a Pro Tools beader with lots of different roll sets. Variable speed power drive included, awesome peice of machinery. Got the long deal from a fellow member of the "large red square racecar" club, thanks Bernie.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On 2006-03-13 17:53, frdnut wrote:
Wow.These pics sure show how much work is involved in building a car from the ground up.Will it be ready to run this summer?
NO plan is for 2007 season, do not have enough time or ambition to finish for this year.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Nice project. I hope you post up more pictures and information on it as you progress.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
420 Posts
If you feel that some practice will make it even better, I offer you mine to practice on. I have been thinking about mabe back halfing mine next Winter. It is a week end play car so far, but will be adding about 15 psi of boost this Summer, and think I may be close to the limits of the IRS now.

Look forward to seeing yours progress. I checked out the other links also, very nice so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.