Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I have been looking at a 69 R code Torino Cobra in Tacoma, well Ive looked at pics. Its an all original survivor with 428CJ, ram air, and everything works. My question is what is the weather like up there? I thought those cars would be rusted out from the salt air but this car looks fantastic. Its 2000 miles from me and that alone has probably kept me from pulling the trigger on this. The paint looks good, underneath looks good, but I have no way of looking at it except to commit and fly out there. Is the salt air a problem or not? It looks to good to be true and thats what Im afraid of.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I also live on the washington coast. It rains a whole hell of a lot, but it hardly ever snows, and when it does, they never salt the roads. All of the cars up here don't have much underbody rust compared to the east coast, mainly just rust in places like the cowl vent, etc. Places where pine needles can collect and trap rainwater. Tacoma also doesn't get any salt air from the bay, if that's what you mean.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I would drive 3 hours to Tacoma for you but am a little busy with finals at the moment. However, plane tickets are cheap compared to buying a car sight unseen.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I live in Bremerton, which is a 25 min. drive from Tacoma. I'm gonna work ot this weekend. Coupe's right, if the car has needles and leaves traped it'll have rust. No salt!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts