Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

A friend of me owes a 2007 shelby and he is looking for a stock tail light harness for his monster.

Unfortunataly, we only find "sequential" harness but he wants a goold old stock.

Any good online shop in which I could order it + bulbs?

Thanks,

Dylan

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
What about Rock Auto, or Ford dealer? Are there any European Ford dealers that deal with Mustangs?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are some dealers specialized in Ford US but their price are insane!

$15 for one tail light bulb so we did not ask for the harness.

We had a look in Rock Auto, CJ Pony Parts, Mustang Unlimited without success...

If some one could help, it would be perfect.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
You'd never buy lamps (bulbs) at a dealership, even over here. I expect the only place to get a stock harness is from Ford as people only change them out for an aftermarket to get the sequential operation. The sequential operation is now how they come from the factory. Your best bet may be wire cutters and a soldering iron to get what you've got to work the way you want.

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
Put a wanted tab over at themustangsource.com... Everyone with sequentials in their S197 has a harness laying around somewhere... Im hangin on to mine as might try something different with the original harness. I bet he can pick up a pair for 20 bucks or so. Theres a short harness fr each side of the car.

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
Hello,

A friend of me owes a 2007 shelby and he is looking for a stock tail light harness for his monster.

Unfortunataly, we only find "sequential" harness but he wants a goold old stock.

Any good online shop in which I could order it + bulbs?
Oops, just noticed you are in belgium- do you have three red lenses or two red and one amber? The amber lens would require a different wiring harness than the ones we have here...only saw a pic of one once, but appeared to have red inboard/ outboard, with center amber for turn only. US cars had two outboard as brake/ turn, inboard was parking lamp only.
As european amber lenses never share brake/turn filaments, i would expect a extra wire to each side and a reflash of the smart junction box in the kick panel would be necessary...
Good luck :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts