Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a link to somewhere that stocks tailgate fuzzies for a 63 country sedan please.
i thank you in anticpation. mark

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
You will have to find a place that sells it in bulk and make them. You can use short counter sunk sheet metal screws to hold them on.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i put my 63 country sedan in for a roof paint/rear door bottom repaint yesterday and while i was stripping all the windows and trim off a chap from the ford capri owners club came over, we talked while he looked my wagon over and talked about hard to get parts . he said that the tailgate gap where fuzzie is missing was very similar in size to a mk1 ford capri /cortina doorglass fuzzie and he is sending me a roll next week. he also asked me too take to a national old ford club show(not sure about going)
my tailgate has a full length gripper slot as part of the top external moulding , this was where the remains of the original fuzzie was trapped.
if by chance this fuzzie doesnt work can someone please measure how wide the top edge of their fuzzie is please as anyone i have emailed all say how wide do you need and i dont know lol

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have a 62 wagon that has the same exterior trim piece at the top of the tailgate as the 63. I have a friend who has a 63 wagon. Both are missing the weatherstripping, just like yours is. Are you sure that it isn't supposed to be rubber instead of the fuzzy material? I don't know... just asking.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
The outside strip I would think would be rubber, inside one would be 'fuzzy' . But thats just looking at it common sense wise, and no way reflects HOW it was done in '63.... lol

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quite possibly a rubber/felt backed weatherstrip , in england we call it a fuzzie/scraper seal/weatherstrip and window drop finisher.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
The outside trim piece had a rubber flap wiper. The inside had a felt fuzzy.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I just purchased a NOS outside tailgate trim piece. Here are some pictures showing what the rubber part looks like. Now if I could just find the trim piece at the bottom of the 62 tailgate with the stripes.

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is there any chance you could measure the width and length please as i am just waiting for mine to come out of the paint shop . thanks

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the total length of the seal and the width(top side when fitted) of the seal please as i am still trying to find the right part but dont know any sizes. thanks

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
pride even I am still confused on the width part of the measurement. I made it simple for all to see, just answer if you want A,B,or C, or all of them.... ;)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Hope it didnt offend anyone that I "swiped" the pic and "fixed" 'er up for easy reference.....

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
this is a weatherstrip

weather_strip_L by mark & anne's photos, on Flickr
if you think of it as a "T".
i need to know the (1)total width of the top horizontal section , (2)the top right hand section(this is the side that touches rear glass ) , (3)the top left section (this is the side that sits over the garnish on the tailgate ) and the (4)depth (this is the section that fits into the track in the garnish in the tailgate).
the one pictured is
8mm (l/h)
12mm (r/h)
overall width is 20mm
18mmm deep
here is a link to the site i got this info off
M & M Classic Car Trim - WEATHER STRIP (Powered by CubeCart)
hope this clears this up .
thanks in anticipation

·
Registered
645 Posts
I'm assuming that the picture you are showing is a cross section. The rubber in my NOS piece is L shaped, as opposed to the T shape in the picture. Measuring from the outside edges, one side is 18 mm wide and the other side is 22 mm wide. The rubber is 2 mm thick with the 18 mm side tapering to 1 mm thick. The length is 1.22 meters.

·
Registered
645 Posts
The 18 mm side touches the glass. If you find a replacement, could you let me know where you got it? I needed the whole trim piece because mine was badly dented in addition to missing the rubber, but I have a friend who has one on his 63 wagon that isn't dented and is just missing the rubber.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.