2,525 Posts
What are they thinking

That mustang is horrendous

Also, I saw a 13.8 in one window....that is 2 tenths faster then me

Jeff Given

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
13.8, you talking about the black car? Looks more like 18.8.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Several here seem to take great pleasure in putting down Japanese cars. Have you ever owned one? My brother's and I have owned 4 Maxima's, 1 Sentra, 1 Nissan Pickup, and 1 Toyota Pickup. None have ever been to a shop except for brakes and exhaust. The Toyota has been in the family since 1988, no problems and still going strong. My 1999 Ranger is a total piece of **** and I wish I had never bought it. Recently had to have a ball joint replaced, I guess it saw a lot of use in 20000 miles. Another brother's Mountaineer literally lives at the Ford dealer 33000 miles and already has had a new rear end and transfer case. I love my wife's 2000 Maxima and love my old Fairlane, but Ford can kiss my ass before I buy another new car from them.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have owned a 2000 Toyota Tundra, in fact it was the best newer vehicle I have ever owned. I had no problems with it, my first vehicle was a 1996 4 door Tahoe, and I had constent problems with it. Traded it in for a 1998 Toyota Camry, decided I like Toyota so I got the Tundra when they first came out. I loved it, but sold it to get a Lightning. Test drove the Lightning and did not like it. So I decided to put the money into the old rust bucket sitting in the backyard.

As far as putting down import cars, we are putting down the ones that are riced. They are modifide, but not performance wise. It's all about stickers, wings, graphics, ground effects, lights, anything that makes their car look fast, but is not fast. I mean, 18.8 seconds? lol

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I see your point on making fun of Japanese cars. The only reason why I do it is because I think it is funny as hell. I mean the better majority are NOT race cars, but still are treated like race cars. Maybe it isn't so much the cars, but the people driving them. They give the cars the bad rap.

Jeff Given

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey everyone, we are not making fun of japanese cars in general. We are making fun of RICE..AS IN STUPID LOOKING SLOW POS INTEGRAS ACCORDS AND OTHER CARS. I have nothing against normal non-tricked out Japanese cars. They are great, run well and get excellent fuel economy. Every Japanese car I have ever driven had always been easy to drive and well built. I just dont like ones tricked out that look stupid. I think almost everyone here feels the same way as I do on this also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts