Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
As DesertXL mentioned, you can get an in-line adapter to use a sensor for the coolant temperature. First pic is that type of set up which is installed directly in the heater hose. Second and third pic is what I'm using now. I drilled and tapped one end of the fitting to accept the sender and threaded into the intake manifold. Both ways allowed me to use an electronic gauge and keep the original light.

Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Personal luxury car
Household hardware Wood Font Auto part Cylinder
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Cable

·
Registered
729 Posts
I used the ”low fuel & door ajar “ console to mount the din satellite radio with a 1.5“ temperature & oil pressure gauges to fill the outer void. Also keep the OBD scanner connected.
I have the same gauges and found they were too large in diameter for the original console housing. I ended up fabricating my own housing by heating textured plastic and bending it around a wood form I made. I have an automatic transmission but would think the housing is the same as yours. Wonder why there's a difference here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts