Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1970 Mach 1 with a 351-c 2V heads. i had the engine rebuilt and now use an Edlebrock Performer intake which blocks of the waterports. I have search for a place to locate my aftermarket temp gage but I don't readly see any. I'm told the heads have plugs that can be removed to accommodate a temp sensor. I'd like to know where the most accessible plug is located before I start removing engine parts. I'm running an A/C and have Patriot headers.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have a 1970 Mach 1 with a 351-c 2V heads. i had the engine rebuilt and now use an Edlebrock Performer intake which blocks of the waterports. I have search for a place to locate my aftermarket temp gage but I don't readly see any. I'm told the heads have plugs that can be removed to accommodate a temp sensor. I'd like to know where the most accessible plug is located before I start removing engine parts. I'm running an A/C and have Patriot headers.
One in the block and one in the water pump.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response and picture dodgestang. i curently have the factory temp sensor mounted in the water pump but I was told that was not the best sight for an accurate reading of the enging temp. I'll use the block sight. Thanks again.

·
Registered
171 Posts

Temp gage location 361-C 2v heads
351 or 361 heads ? I assume 351 but the heading say's 361.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts