Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Had to chuckle at myself a bit when I saw the Vectors. I ordered a set of the new special edition Vectors immediately after they came out for my Elite. I don't care if they were made famous by a Dodge, they're a sweet set of wheels. :tup:

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Mike, smoothies and slots will always be acceptable IMO. Here is some BUTT ugly from the hideous dept. that you may have overlooked...Exposed multiple lug patterns scream flea market or worse, 500 spokers (bad neighborhood or worse) and my all time fav, the `94-`95 GT, `50's sci fi look. My car came with these and somebody actually gave me money for them..

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
These sat on my Lincoln, butt ugly if you ask me. I later found steelies which after some study were found to be original to the Lincolns e.g a little thicker steel.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
OK.... I vote for Pimp Stars as the worst frakking idea ever bolted onto spindle. What a waste of time and money (5-6K per wheel).

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
...the most uncool wheels for your Ford.

9. Smoothies

Top Three "Guilty Pleasures" for Your Ford - Wheels We Hate to Love

3. Vectors

2. Center Line Auto Drag Wheels

1. Slot Mags
I have to agree that smoothies are just too cutesy for a muscle car. There was a guy around here that had a really nice red 65/6 Mustang fastback, then went and ruined it with smoothies, 14 inchers at that. Even smoothies can be cool, but only on fat-body cars, and only when slammed in the weeds. Vectors are cool, and I think are being reproduced, but I very rarely see them on a Mopar, let alone anything else. Too bad, they could be pretty cool. Center Line auto drags are cool, but again, only on the right car. My dad has a 64 Montery that the P.O. put a/drags on, and they dont look so hot. Slotted mags are downright badass. I would so rock slotted mags if I had something to put them on!

·
Registered
30 Posts
OK.... I vote for Pimp Stars as the worst frakking idea ever bolted onto spindle. What a waste of time and money (5-6K per wheel).

You don't even have to stop your car! LOL. They are trying to make texting while driving illegal here, wonder if creating an image on your wheel while driving is acceptable?

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
Where do I get those teddy bear wheels?
I want some!

Or has FE bought up all the stock for himself?!

·
Registered
25 Posts
oh wow, those are...weird. I'm kind of curious about how it's done, but hoping they stay expensive enough that I never see them.
I would like to have seen the message 'Don't taze me, bro' on them during the ad.

·
Registered
30 Posts
oh wow, those are...weird. I'm kind of curious about how it's done, but hoping they stay expensive enough that I never see them.
I would like to have seen the message 'Don't taze me, bro' on them during the ad.
That's just funny rite there...

I have never understood the big over size wheel and rubber band tire thing that is so popular these days.
And the funny thing is when you ask people that have gone that route why they did , most say because they think it looks cool. (Then I'm thinking to myself here's another car clueless one)

Then when you explain to them that a setup like that does nothing but hurt performance, they look at you like a deer in the head lights.

Big wheel = more lbs than tire with a sidewall, witch = more unsprung weight, = bad
no sidewall = no straight line traction = bad
no sidewall = really rough ride = bad

On trucks all the same, and no towing or load capacity = bad

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
That's just funny rite there...

I have never understood the big over size wheel and rubber band tire thing that is so popular these days.
And the funny thing is when you ask people that have gone that route why they did , most say because they think it looks cool. (Then I'm thinking to myself here's another car clueless one)

Then when you explain to them that a setup like that does nothing but hurt performance, they look at you like a deer in the head lights.

Big wheel = more lbs than tire with a sidewall, witch = more unsprung weight, = bad
no sidewall = no straight line traction = bad
no sidewall = really rough ride = bad

On trucks all the same, and no towing or load capacity = bad
On the note of how much the replacement tires are??
300+ per tire!!???

Id just have to laugh at the idiots that go get a tire wheel package for 2000 on credit and then before they are even done paying for them they have to buy another 1200 on tires!! LOL!! DUMBASSESS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for removing my hacked photograph of my actual wheel from your thread of what not to have on a Ford. :frown:

I assert that at car shows there is an appreciation in some circles of the look of original equipment on on a car or maintaining a period correct look when restoring a car. Often people are too anxious to put on a new wheel or tire that will ultimately detract from the appeal of a classic car.

Anyone can go buy a set of new styled wheels and mount them up, but in the minds of most people they only look appropriate on a new car that would call for such an upgrade.

I agree with thoughts previously expressed that putting oversize wheels and tires will in many cases harm performance by adding weight, altering actual gearing ratios,and reducing the ability of the tire to grab the road. Often times doing so will be counter productive and cause you problems on the track and with safety.

Allan

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
What you may think looks bad may not be what someone else thinks looks bad. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. This is most certainly true regarding custom wheels.

Frankly, I think this was a very lame Thread. Not worthy of front page display.

my 2 cents

·
Registered
419 Posts
What you may think looks bad may not be what someone else thinks looks bad. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. This is most certainly true regarding custom wheels.

my 2 cents
+1 and chances are the people posting in here dont have that great of wheels to begin with- jealousy is a b*tch hahahaha

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

my 2 cents

Nope Nope, Sorry but there are some things that are always wrong.
ALWAYS.

Sometimes the "beholder" is on dope....:frown:

21 - 40 of 51 Posts