Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was 10 engines tested as I,m finding out what one is the best for the 351 Cleveland 2V and 4V!!! Out of these 2 manifolds,If you want the other data on the other 8 engines and manilfolds(Performer Dual plane+Torker single plane+Torque Power single plane+FunnelWeb+CHI single plane.msg me anytime ok here goes go the fords!!!
Engine used.
Our first 10 combos feature a range of cylinder heads, camshafts and intake manifolds - all of which are commonly used in many Clevelands - the trick is knowing which ones to use in harmony to produce the desired torque and power levels over the widest possible rev range. All except one of the engines have standard 351 crankshafts (3.50inch stroke) and 30-thou over bores (357 CID).

Combo 1.

The fast fact sheet tells the story here. This would have to be the most common cylinder head configuration of the last 15 years (or more). The 2V heads have been fitted with larger 4V valves and then the short turn radii have been blended to suit and the valve guides streamlined to reduce their impedance to air flow. Topped with a 750 carburettor and a dual plane Performer manifold, this engine was tested with an Isky hydraulic camshaft with a relatively large 270-degrees of duration at 50-thou. While the engine produced a nice flat torque curve, peaking at 353 Ibs/ft at 4600 rpm, the power stakes were not that impressive compared to eight of the other engines. Peak horsepower was 339 at 5600 rpm. The engine made good averages of 306hp and 339 Ibs/ft across its rev range, making it an exceptional mild street combination for entry level Ford fans. A slightly shorter duration camshaft would have produced greater bottom and mid-range torque in conjunction with the dual plane manifold but would have also cost some higher rpm horsepower.

Combo 2.

Combination 2 utilises KEC's own CNC ported 2V cast iron cylinder heads. The intake and exhaust port profiles were developed over several years after testing dozens of minor port shape variations on dyno. The final port profiles offer excellent flow but more importantly, high intake port velocity which creates optimum cylinder filling for greater torque, power and throttle response. This combination was designed for mid and upper rpm power and yet it still produced the third highest torque peak in this group of 10 engines. A 246degree (at 50-thou) Crane camshaft was used, together with an 825 cfm Demon carburettor and an X-cellerator single plane manifold. Peak power shot up nearly 100 hp over the first Combo to an impressive 431 at 6800 rpm. The high velocity heads worked well to produce 408 Ibs/ft of torque at 4500 rpm and a healthy average of 385 Ibs/ft. This engine averaged 381 hp between 3900 and 6800 rpm, and it is this very broad spread of power that makes it very potent indeed. These heads flow 244 cfm of air - only 1 cfm more than the previous combo and yet they produce far more torque and power thanks to greater intake velocity.

Combo 3.

The third Combo is the same engine as Combo 2 except with a TFC single plane manifold aboard instead of the trusty Weiand X-cellerator. It seems hard to believe but swapping from one single plane design to another netted 16 hp gain in peak power to 447 hp but look at the average power across the test range - this leaped from 381 to a mighty 415 hp. Peak torque was also up by 5 Ibs/ft to 413 at 5200 rpm. This relatively mild combination yielded a torque curve rivaled only by a serious roller-cammed monster and a stroker engine. What's more, this iron-headed wonder produced excellent mid range power that extended all the way to 6700 rpm - all this with a fairly small solid camshaft too. Combo 3 is a very cost-effective, all-round performer.
Combo 1 Average Horse power 306
Average Torque 339
Combo 2 Average Horse power 381
Average Torque 385
Combo 3 Average Horse power 415
Average Torque 385

CHEERS GO THE FORDS!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Read this about 6 months ago. Those boys do heaps of testing, and have some FAST cars.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pavtek in melb Do wicked 3v combos But i,m talking iron heads here.Go the fords!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mate changed from a Weiand E-cell 2v to the TFC 2v, both horsepower and touqe were up on the weiand buy more than we thought! For the money the weiand isnt bad at all but for all out GRUNT TFC all the way.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I tried it also. It appears as if they are upgrading the site, and there's not much there. I took the end off the link, and got the site to open,but there wasn't much to see.

I have never had much luck with TFC intakes. I just took a TFC intake off my motor and replaced it with a torker and it ran EXACTLY the same; same 60', same et, same mph. I am positive my strip dominator would make more power. I had a different TFC intake on a 2v headed motor and I was so impressed
with it I sold it for a loss.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was it the TFC highrise manifold? You got that same power from a Edelbrock Torker there must have been something wrong?We Have seen the Torker 2 thats better then the first one! That didn.t even come close to the funnelweb let a loan the "TFC" Highrise In the other torkers (redline street torker) We got 30-40 more horsepower If you only new of the manifold,s down under. (victor series only one that come,s close that we can get owe hands on)and to get this straight the Weiand E-cell was better than the Torker and beleave me the TFC and Funnelweb have it all over the good old trusty weiand...

·
Registered
777 Posts
You sound like a typical salesman "the only way my product didn't work better is because something is wrong with your (fill in the blank.)"

Yes it was a high rise intake, and yes I got the same power from a Torker. No such thing as a Torker II for a cleveland, at least not in the USA. Yes I know there are a lot of intakes made in Australia, I converse on the phone with one well known Australian intake maker quite frequently. He even told me the TFC intakes were pretty good, but I have tried 2 of them on 2 completely different motor combo's, and neither have impressed me one bit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What am I selling KID just stateing a Fact! anyway (Edelbrock TORKER 2 EB2760 FORD 351C) you really sound like you no your intake manifolds.(The last manifold on my heads were a funnelweb I dont even own a TFC) people like you make me laugh? you talk on the phone to australia? mate I live here lol Clevo nut <<<<

·
Registered
513 Posts
There is only the Edelbrock Torker for the 351 Cleveland. The 2760 part number on Summit Racing's site lists it as a Torker II, but that is the way it was listed in the catalog, but then it said that the 351c was still the actual Torker. So I went over to Vic's website and the 2760 is still just the plain ol' Torker. http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/manifolds/ford_sb_torker.shtml
Just clarifying things.

·
Registered
777 Posts
On 2006-08-27 15:02, gchero351 wrote:
what is TFC ?
An over-rated, over-priced, intake manifold made in Australia.

·
Registered
777 Posts
On 2006-08-28 04:53, f100cleveland wrote:
went over to Vic's website and the 2760 is still just the plain ol' Torker.
Thanks.

But this guy claims (what I can gather from the jibberrish he types) the Torker II makes more power than the original Torker. How can that be when they are the same exact intake and in reality, the TorkerII doesn't exist?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On 2006-08-28 04:53, f100cleveland wrote:
went over to Vic's website and the 2760 is still just the plain ol' Torker.

There is only the Edelbrock Torker for the 351 Cleveland. The 2760 part number on Summit Racing's site lists it as a Torker II, but that is the way it was listed in the catalog, but then it said that the 351c was still the actual Torker. So I went over to Vic's website and the 2760 is still just the plain ol' Torker.
all you doing is making more of a fool of your self mate

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Holley Street Dominator
Holley Strip Dominator
Edelbrock Performer
Street torker
Edelbrock Torker 2
Weiand Xcelerator
Funnelweb
TFC
Active
Redline
CLEVO manifolds aussie hope I didnt miss any lol

·
Registered
777 Posts
You forgot CHI's line of intakes.

We can get all those same intakes here for a cleveland, except for the mysterious Torker II that does not exist in this country.

·
Registered
513 Posts
On 2006-08-28 05:41, XDESP wrote:
all you doing is making more of a fool of your self mate
How am I making a fool out of myself? Do you have any pics that show a Torker II intake for a 351c? Summit has the description all screwed up. They show the CORRECT intake Torker 351, but give a description of a Torker II but call it a Performer. Also, the Torker II has a powerband of 2500-6500 rpms and the specs for the summit one are 3000-7000. Thats the correct power range.
http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/edl-2760.jpg
There it is, the intake they call the Torker II, but its clearly a Torker 351.

Unless someone downunder makes an intake and calls it an Edelbrock Torker II, it doesn't exist.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts