Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-Ya everyone.
Every year there is a large antique/classic car show at Gentilini Motors (car dealer) In Woodbine NJ. This show, is just about the largest in this region. There were over 200 cars-trucks of all kinds.

The 62 Fairlane 500 won for best restoration project (something like that).. LOL. Not really sure because I left just as the trophy session was starting. I had to get me something better to eat than hot dogs to take my diabetic pill, as I have to eat something to take it. Plus, I thought I wasen't gonna win a trophy and wated to beat the leaving frenzy. I told a friend, to get my trophy if i win and drop it off to me..

he did.... the car's 1st winning trophy... isen't that something?. Funny, I just started restoring the car!.

Here's a link. I walked the entire show filming...
Gentilini Motors 2012 Antique Classic Car Show. - YouTube

Motor vehicle Vehicle door Vehicle Automotive exterior Car

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, Thank you,

You watch: After I get it all done, no winners will follow the restoration. LOL. There were a lot of people looking at the 1962 Facts I had standing. Most looked at, besides the car, was the original Bill Of Sale letter from the 1st owner. Lots looked inside. Guess they all wated to see what a car looks like after 50 years of well used use.

He had a rather large family, and did mention to me "You can fit 7 kids in the back seat".

People were amazed at the brand new sale price. Today, cars are just about the same price as some houses!. LOL...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you, Thank you,

You watch: After I get it all done, no winners will follow the restoration. LOL. There were a lot of people looking at the 1962 Facts I had standing. Most looked at, besides the car, was the original Bill Of Sale letter from the 1st owner. Lots looked inside. Guess they all wated to see what a car looks like after 50 years of well used use.

He had a rather large family, and did mention to me "You can fit 7 kids in the back seat".

People were amazed at the brand new sale price. Today, cars are just about the same price as some houses!. LOL...
Very cool. The history aspect is part of what got me interested. Especially with things not going too well these days, I think people really like looking back to the fun times.

Congrats!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Very cool. The history aspect is part of what got me interested. Especially with things not going too well these days, I think people really like looking back to the fun times.

Congrats!
Thanks.. You make it sound like you were there?. My Daughter wanted to go but she had to work. She spent weeks during the winter in finding early 60's cloths, and the peace stuff. She also purchased off of eBay a pair of eye glasses (of the era) and had them done in her prescription.

She was going to stay with the car and talk to people like it was 1962... yea man, Groovy, peace... LOL... But, she had to work that day :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts