Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think? I wanted the Raiders to win, but ultimately did not care...what do you think about the call? I think still it was a Fumble.

·
Subscriber
173 Posts
That was a terrible call. Raiders got screwed. However, it doesn't excuse the defense for giving up all of those of passing yards in the second half.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I wish I could have watched the whole game,I just love a good game played in a snowstorm

·
Registered
698 Posts
Horrible call. At some point he was not going to throw the ball. After that point in time, it is not a pass and he fumbled the ball. Are the ref's saying that if a QB is running, as long as his arm is moving forward, he can't fumble? Horrible call!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
now that i've calmed down a bit...
G-DAMN F#@!*&*$! refs!

What a BS call. They call it a fumble on the feild, blow the play dead, and the ref shows possesion to the raiders. The pats offens goes off the field, Brady cleary knows his mistake and never even shows contention. Then as the raiders are about to line up on offense they decide to review it?

They blew the call big time. They are not supposed to turnover calls unless there is undisputable evidence. This was clearly the opposite... how the hell is a quarterback ever supposed to fumble with their logic? He brings the ball back in, touches is with his left hand and it gets knocked out. That is still part of forward motion? yeah bullshiit

It sucks being a radiers fan.... been waiting for them to come out of their coma since they clobbered the readskins in the superbowl some 15years ago. Last year the Titans get them in the AFC championships. Finally they have a team that can do it, and it comes down to this BS call after playing and controlling a game in blizzard conditions that everybody thought a west cost team simply could not hang in.

oh well.... man i am bummed!

·
Registered
143 Posts
GOD DAMN,
I hate foobal, almost with a pasion.
I did non watch the whole game (never do)but i can not believe the Pats won. I live in MA and the last time our team won i was 3. what do you guys think about the next game?
P.S. now I am interested

·
Registered
170 Posts
Call was correct it's the rule that is f****d. The official in the booth had no choice but to call it that way. Don't leave it in the hands of the officials. If you watched the game you can also say the RAIDERS QUIT. In overtime the Raiders D made ZERO plays. The Pats wanted it more and it showed. Defense is heart and the Raiders D didn't show any. We will see Raiders on TV all week balling but they never even slowed the Pats down in OT, let them march down the field. I thought the Raiders blew it when they ran a dive on 3rd down preceding the Pats last possession in regulation. Gruden got too conservative and it cost him.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I am not clear on whether it is the rule or the call that is screwed up, but something clearly is. If that was the correct call by rule, then all QB's should pump fake pretty much continuously and it would be impossible to fumble.

I am not a fan of either team, so I think I am reasonably objective. By any common sense interpretation, that was a fumble.

IMHO, it is time to kill instant replay forever.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
On 2002-01-20 08:24, Paxtonman wrote:
Call was correct it's the rule that is f****d. The official in the booth had no choice but to call it that way. Don't leave it in the hands of the officials. If you watched the game you can also say the RAIDERS QUIT. In overtime the Raiders D made ZERO plays. The Pats wanted it more and it showed. Defense is heart and the Raiders D didn't show any. We will see Raiders on TV all week balling but they never even slowed the Pats down in OT, let them march down the field. I thought the Raiders blew it when they ran a dive on 3rd down preceding the Pats last possession in regulation. Gruden got too conservative and it cost him.

I agree to a point. I mean sure you can say the raiders D could have, should have, would have. But lets look at what did take place....
A west coast team goes into a playoff game against a cold weather team, plays in a blizzard, essentially controls the entire game. With two minutes left and the pats driving the defense DOES make a clutch play and forces a fumble, which is call so on the field...game over. Then a mandatory review calls it an incomplete pass? The rule is unclear, the play was unclear, in which case the refs are not supposed to overrule the ruling on the field.

Anyway, its over, i'm still pissed... the better team did not win that game, that is what sucks. And what sucks even more is the pats are not going to pose ANY threat to the Steelers.

·
Registered
109 Posts
id have to agree with the officials to for calling it the way the rules state...but i see the argument and i really dont care who wins in the pros anymore, they all go home win or lose with millons of dollars

·
Registered
749 Posts
I dont care about either team but the Raiders got screwed...either by a bad rule or a bad call....NFL better straighten that mess out right away.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Bad interpretation of rule. Arm moving forward only applies when QB is throwing the ball. When fumble occured he was not throwing da ball.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts