Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are they?

For me...

1. When I go in a drive through, they almost always ask me to turn off my engine. lol

2. When I am sitting at a stoplight, I feel like people are looking in my direction, and it someties feels funny. lol

3. Gas bills

4. No aor conditioning, and it's starting to get hot now.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmm, I cant think of any.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Only one. You have to be old to remember this. Cop stops me & says" Boy, it's against the law to drive a racing type vehicle"! Mmmm
I have too many choices to drive & too many cops are looking my way again!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Apart from the fuel bills, having to shout to have a conversation with your front seat passenger.... Think i might start wearing earplugs

·
Registered
196 Posts
No heat in the winter, no AC in the summer. Drum breaks can make you a bit nervous. The list goes on, but its worth it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
The only downside to driving my 67' is hearing people say "Nice car, how much you want for it?" I like the compliments, but I don't know why people think I would sell it.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
These are cool! Heat, A/C, drum brakes? They rule. My Spoiler has all the down sides. If it's too comfortable, it's a Lincoln. Worst is "what kind of Dodge is that?" City wrote me up for it parked in the front yard, called it some sort of Dodge car... I hate that!

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
My car had factory air but I took it off,didn't do a thing for me ETs
I love all the double takes I get driving through the city but hate it when some pimply faced teenager pulls up beside me at the lights in mommas mini-van and revs the motor.
control,control

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
My car had factory air but I took it off,didn't do a thing for me ETs
I love all the double takes I get driving through the city but hate it when some pimply faced teenager pulls up beside me at the lights in mommas mini-van and revs the motor.
control,control

·
Registered
522 Posts
I get tired of people telling me my 65 is "too nice" to be driven in this climate (year round driver, we have snow / ice rain and misc. crap). The gas mileage "sucks", but so do SUV's.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
The only downsides I can see is the rock chips in my car. I live on a half mile gravel driveway. But this gives me an excuse to repaint it.

The only real downside is when people vandilize your car. If you have a problem, bring it to me and don't touch the car.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 68 stang on 4/5/02 4:04am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
On 2002-04-04 16:03, 68 stang wrote:

The only real downside is when people vandilize your car. If you have a problem, bring it to me and don't touch the car.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 68 stang on 4/5/02 4:04am ]</font>
Oh, man, don't even get me started on the vandalism thing...

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
4.56 gears + lead foot + cops=ticket collection

Ruts in the road, it's almost like auto pilot with my tubbed car.

Thanks for the thumbs up sign, but keep your damn hands on the wheel when you're going by.

Not enough summertime in Ohio, but I'm moving to Louisville KY so it should be slightly longer.

·
Registered
389 Posts
When people ask my boyfriend questions about my car and not me...he doesn't know or care....and he usually just tells them it's my car not his, or when people say, Wow your old man lets you drive his car???????? That comment almost warrants a smack!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Having no heater made it cold cruising in the winter and sucked at the track at night when the dew fell and no defrost to get the dew off the windshield. My Falcon won't have that problem and will get an aftermarket add on A/C kit for it for the summer since I have a family now. No other downsides other than the idiots pullijng up beside you with their junk POS that is loud and slow reving and trying to get you to race while cops are everywhere and I clearly had the large racy idle with 12:1 compression and solid roller cam with 4500 stall but they still always wanted to play. I would just look straight ahead and slow down or turn off to get away from them. Only when a faster car was there would I play some. That's the only down side because the cops think you're racing too even if you didn't do anything.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Two downsides come to mind, walking around it in January wauting for spring to drive it,and having people ask me about my Bronco: " Hey, you still got that Scout?"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts