Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded parts for 2 Carter's for my low riser dual 4. So now Im rebuilding them and they are going on the 68 Fairlane (pictured in the banner) for the summer. Gonna be a summer of high fuel bills, and LOTS OF FUN,lol. Plus the cool factor of opening the hood at shows and watching people's mouth's drop

Rick

·
Registered
977 Posts
Sweet! Too bad you can't watch the linkage move from the cockpit. Multiple carbs are so cool that it almosts justifies running w/o the hood or air cleaner (for a while). Happy tuning!

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Dark if you use the FE style dual quad linkage its possible to get decent mileage.The linkage is slotted and allows you to run on the primaries only on the front carb to a certain point,then it starts to open the primaries on the rear carb,once you reach about half throttle or so the secondaries open and then things start to get expensive
My brother ran this set up using a set of factory chevy 409 carters on a medium riser intake on a built 390 and says he got in the "teens"for gas mileage as long as he stayed out of the throttle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts