Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember the day I found this place.

I was searching around the net for old Ford drag racing sites and found a link to this site.

I went into Fordmuscle just to look around,at that time there were really not many guys here.

It looked like a cool place with alot of good info going out so I kept the address saved on my favorites menu.

I think the site must have been pretty new when I first came here?

I then figured out how to post pics and articals here and started putting up lots of stuff for the guys to see.

Its worked out nice in the end,I have been around to allot of different sites and none of them are as good as this one.

I see this site has grown into a pretty big place with lots of tech and garage talk to take part in.

Im also glad to be one of the "old timers" here,Ive met some of the members here in person and I can say this place seems to attract really good people!

So in closing I just wanted to say I hope you enjoy this place as much as I do and hope that we will be talking and having fun here for a long time!

Thanks for the site guys!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I remember the day I saw this site too. I thought it would be a cool place to hang out and meet new people and talk anything Ford. I'm still here and value all the info and friendship I have from this site. It can only get bigger now.

Rick

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
On 2002-01-19 03:02, dark7068 wrote:
It can only get bigger now.
That's what I say about my wife

Yes, this site is the best thing to happen to me since Fords, my wife, and my daughter. Many great people here and good friends (eh). Hope to meet quite a few at Woodward this year even if I have to fly out there and cruise with someone else if my car isn't done in time. This place sure has grown since early last year and there wasn't very many people back then. Just a small group which we could basically say what we wanted witthout offending anybody(except when it came to FEs anyway) but now I have to be careful. Kinda sucks but is is still better in a way. I just hope this doesn't turn into the corral.net, that's all.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Only been here for a short while but this is the place to be. Tried a few other forums, not as nice to use.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yeah, I remember way way back, when there was only one tech board and it had the old, one page format and you didn't have to register. Wasn't a whole lot of people on, guys like Greg, DynoTom, MADMIKE, Roadwarrior, Cyclone Joe I remember. I've been frequenting this site for almost 2 years now. Sure has grown alot and just keeps getting better. I've gotten alot of help frome the people on this site and thank everyone. I rely heavily on this site as my sole resource for Ford info. All my buds are Chevy guys, even my family.
So thanks everyone.
Steve.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Thanks, guys!
The site would not be what it is today without your avid support. The articles and tech help set us apart from most other Ford sites but it is the people on the boards that give this place life. It is your support and enthusiasm that really makes FordMuscle.com fun. The core family is still here- just surrounded by a lot of potential brothers and sisters! I have do almost no moderating because you folks do it for me. I really appreciate it! Keep spreading the gospel and we will just become a REALLY BIG family...

Remember, this is just bits of data without you- Your efforts and care are what bring this place to life.

Sincerely,
Jim Langley

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
This site has grown a lot since I have been here.

I had forgotten about having only one forum until it was mentioned earleir in this thread!

I remember the Stanley Superior guy also!

What happened to him?

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have tracked Stanley Superior down at another site.

He was a great resourse for Ford engine racing tech and set ups that we could use here.

I think the loss of Stanley was not as bad as it could have been since about the same time we gained Kent (89 Coupe)with his knowledge to use.

Right now we have a real good mix of Ford knowledge with the members here.

I do kind of see what Greg Cook is saying,its getting real big here and that changes the feel of the site a little bit?

I have not ran into any newbies here that have caused any problems at all?

I think they probably hang around a little just reading posts and see how cool this place is and what to be a part too?

·
Registered
539 Posts
That's what I did, surfed in one day looking for FE stuff. Read about the Stang,checked out the forums for awhile, and thought what the heck. Sent you guys 15bucks and decided to hang out for awhile.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I was here quite a while during the time Stanley Superior was here. He knew all kinds of off the wall stuff about things that nobody else did. He was very interresting and fun to have here. I especially liked his "anti-FE" arguments. Stirred up a lot of emotions from the FE crowd. That was funny.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes Greg I agree with you.

I wasnt saying you thought "newbies" were bad,I was just saying that even the "newbies" here seem really well behaved?

Its cool that even the "newbies" here are helpfull and respectfull,they dont just come in here and "raise hell" and leave?

We know how the "old timers" here post and talk,but with "newbies" it not as known yet?

So far its been a real great crowd!

I think the readers here are really a "step above" most sites in alot of ways?

Its getting big and now that we can see who is online it shows alot of "guest" viewers are here also.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yeah, there were a couple jerks, Malibu-stacy13, and some others. I forgot about Stanley. He used to post under a different name before that, can't remeber what it was, but he used to start trouble on other boards before this one.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I am not an "old original", but recently, I've noticed a trend where people are tripping all over their keyboards apologizing after taking what everyone should realize is a good-natured shot at someone else. This should not be necessary!

Among friends, we should all be big enough to take it in the spirit it is (I hope!) intended. Anyway, that's how us "real men" express affection - by slamming each other!

I know that, at work, every day starts with a coffee klatch where it seems that everyone gets their turn in the barrel, and quarter is neither given nor expected!

I take my share of abuse here and elsewhere just for owning a Granada, but I know it is all in fun, and I enjoy the crossfire.

Just my .02! You're a good bunch!

Eldon

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I frequent 'other' sites, but by far fordmuscle.com has the best of the best as far as people and information and most of all, attitudes. Seems like almost all the other sites are filled with young racer wanna be's, dumber'n fug, rich kid, momma and daddie gave me the car, how can I make it faster, what's wrong with this, etc, etc, etc.
Maybe it's because I"m an old turd, but I just don't get into that kinda **** anymore.
Let's talk racing, building motors, etc., not 'help me pick a new color for my dash', ****......... Also, I wouldn't have subscribed to this place if I didn't LOVE it!

One more thing.....I may be a fairly newbie to this place, and I surely don't remember those yahoos everyone was mentioning earlier, but I still 'feel a part' of the comaradarie here.........
(can ya.....can ya just feel the love???????)

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think the main advantage this site has is respect between the members?

I have seen other sites that have alot of comments like "man are you stupid" and "I knew that by the time I was 5 years old".

I think we here have respect for car people on every level,we help everyone we can and dont treat them like they are stupid.

I think alot of members here are not afraid to ask questions because they know we will treat them with respect?

Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I don't really remember how I came to this site. Kinda like wakin' up one day and realizing you had a mole somewhere and don't remember how long it's been there.
Gotta admit though, you guys have been good sports about it all. I know I jumped on someone awhile ago and Larry kicked me in the balls for it. Hey, some lessons for me are hard learned. Even tho some of us have an attack of "I've got the biggest penis" , it's all in fun most of the time. Even the new girl is taking it all in stride. Some of us(namely me) need to vent more than others, but if we offend anyone, there is usually a "sorry" soon after. Friends fight, but friends get over it too.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
This is a great place. Most of the "problems" come from the fact that it can be very difficult to tell a serious insult from a good natured jab in print. I've angered a couple of guys that way.

I came here looking for tech knowledge and experiece that I don't possess. The Techboard has been better for me than any paper magazine. Also the knowledgable guys are very patient with stupid questions and posts from the likes of me.

I kind of miss Stanley Superior. At least when he started an argument it was about cars and he had knowledge to back up his ideas. Or, should I say, his one idea, that all 400+HP FE's "grenade."

Ah well, keep up the good work guys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tim1859 on 1/20/02 8:51am ]</font>

·
Registered
389 Posts
I just wanted to say, that I just joined up here, and I really enjoy the time I spend here. I haven't for a second felt out of place because I am a woman and you have all been a ton of laughs and mostly well behaved!!! Probably more behaved than me, well with the exception of Jimmy of course..hehehe. Anyways, just wanted to say thanks for this site, it is a cool place to be!!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
i can't say i've been here to terribly long, but i've been here. i too remember stanley superior. but i dont really get to many of the tech conversations... way over my limited knowledge.
but i must say i think the tech section of this site is very well. i mostly cruise between this site, fordvschevy, and fastcougar.com (i own a 99 v6, of course i want to mod it) i like the tech on this site the best, mainly because i own a ford, so it is easier for me to comprehend some of this stuff talking with ford guyz. a big "shout out" to Chilly460 for chatting with me on AOLIM and explaining some of this stuff to me
i appreciate, thanks chilly.
so i will continue to lurk around and post when i feel the need.
jason

1 - 20 of 36 Posts