Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just cruising around the site looking at stuff,and thought it was real cool to have a specail page listed on the main menu as the Falcon pages.

Before they fell under a topic in the Galaxie pages and got missed by some Falcon guys that didnt know they were there?

Cool feature,I think it will bring more car guys to the site.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL! Greg Cook

I would like to be Buford Pusser out of all those guys listed.

I think Falcons are real cool too!

I really like the 64s and 65s the best but the round style ones are neat too.

I think the 64s and 65s have a real sweet body lines to them,and they look real neat set up in old super-stock trim.

Lighweight,easy to modify and classy lines are why I chose my 65 Falcon for the build up Im working on now.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I would like to have a 64 but my 60 will look great when i get it done. I like the new forum just fine old one was ok too and yes the galaxie pages was one of my favorite reads.

_Whats this normal user im a SUBSCRIBER!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Coolfalcon on 12/22/01 10:47am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Hey this is COOL.
well we have a 64 FALCON SPRINT,66 COMET CYCLONE GT and A 62 FALCON DS this is going to be so cool!!!!! a page just for us

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I like '68 Falcon wagons the best. Everything is common with '68-'69 Fairlane/Torino/Montego wagons and same suspension and engine compartment as Mustangs. Big blocks bolt in without any modification and plenty of weight over the ass end to help traction. Also very sedate looking bodystyle and you don't see them anymore. All the more reason I like them.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I've been looking for 66-69 Falcon for a long time can't find any in colo. my buddy is building a 64 sw for the drags he likes the rear over hang for traction:)

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I sure did get that NOS quarter script and there is a pair of wagon tail lights and '68 Falcon grill that I will probably get too. I really really really need a nice uncracked '68-'69 Falcon dash pad too. When I went to Texas for Thanksgiving, I got the '68 front side marker lights and rear quarter reflectors for $100 and they aren't even perfect and the front markers don't have "289" on them either like my originals but better condition than what I have. Kinda sucks paying a lot of money for things I got free 10 years ago. All the junk yards I had remembered in Texas where I use to live are now gone(all owned by old men back then). Only one is still there in Temple called Action Auto and they only had 1 '68 Falcon w/6 cyl and 1 '69 Falcon Sports Coupe w/289 still in it with partially cracked center console but they were complete and rust free so I know where a lot of good(but expensive) parts are. I just recently bought my cherry '68 Falcon wagon here in Albuquerque. I lucked out on that one.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Forgot to say I also bought that super nice door mirror for '69 Falcon off e-bay too last week.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I thought that was probably you bidding when I seen '89 coupe'!

eBay is about the only place I have been able to find any parts also.

I am slowly collecting factory part numbers so if you happen across an item, send me the part number and I may be able to tell you if it is for one of our Falcons.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Thanks Johnny Ray. Do you have a part number breakdown for all the ford parts around that year? I missed out on a NOS hood trim along the front. I was on Fordmuscle and forgot about it and less than a minute after the auction ended I remembered but was too late. Mine has a ding in it. I also wanted the NOS '67 Falcon grill from Canada but didn't want to pay $200 for it and now I wish I had. There has been quite a bit of NOS and used '68-'69 Falcon stuff on e-bay that I've run across over these last few months but lately it's been slow. Hopefully it'll pick back up after X-mas. Do you know if a new windshield and windshield weatherstripping for a '68 Mustang will fit a '68 or '69 Falcon? Mine is pitted from sand. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I forgot to tell you about a '69 Falcon wagon for sale near NY. Here is the link to Mustangs and More website directly to that ad: '69 Falcon wagon

Hope that helps and maybe if you get it, I could buy some parts off you from it

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Kent, the NOS hood trim along the front went for a bunch of money, didn't it?

I seldom see the hood trim for sale.

I see the '68, '69 and early 1970 grills and headlight bezels quite a bit on eBay.

Be patient.

It should get a tad busier after the holidays.

If I happen to see a grill around here for sale, I will let you know.

I just traded a set of front 1968 Falcon Sports Coupe bucket seats for a grille and headlight bezels to a friend.

If he or I run across another set, you will be the first in line to know!

I do not think a '68 Mustang windshield will fit a '68 or '69 Falcon.

Some of the glass companies that have been in business for a while might be able to help you out on that.

I found a NOS early 1970 Falcon factory tinted windshield for my project car a few months ago for $75.00 + shipping.

I have factory tinted glass all the way around for my project Falcon.

If you went with a '67 Falcon grill you would also need the '67 headlight bezels also, wouldn't you?

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
No, the '67 Falcon grill has the horizontal bar thru the center that only requires a little notching of the bezels fron them to fit over the bar. The '67 grille adds a more aggressive look to the front while still lining up the lines from the grill to the upper and lower part of the black painted "C" on the bezels and only that little bit of notching on the bezels to clear the horizontal bar. The grille that was on the '68 in Texas where I got my side markers from had a perfect grill and bezels but they wanted $200 for the complete grill/bezel set and wouldn't seperate. Needless to say, that stuff is still on that car. Mine is perfectly straight and needs reanodized but that is too expensive at this time and I just want reasonably presentable grill and bezels that still have some shine to them. I guess you saw that console on e-bay too? I like bench seats so I wasn't interrested in it. I do need the hood front trim though even if it's not shiny but has to be undamaged(undented). Merry X-Mas and have a great time(and safe). Take care...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts