Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a year my son and I have the 67 on the road and she runs and drives great! Now I am wanting to tackle the interior venting and defrost. The fan works but I can not get the air to blow defrost or heat. I know it is controlled y vacuum. Where do I start? What is this part located under the glove box.

How many vacuum lines go from the fire wall to the engine.

·
Premium Member
6,078 Posts
do you have factory air? If so, the control in the pic is tubed to another control that opens the recirc door. When you put the lever on recirc, the vacuum simulatneously opens the recirc door and closes the outside air door. If one leaks, they both leak.

The defrost control is on a separate hose and is high up under the dash, pretty hard to get to. Those controls run like $50 each. A 4th one sits on the firewall. Here, maybe this pic will help.

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
That one in your pic is the door to turn from heat to ac from what I can tell. mine was stuck so we used a pliers on the shaft sticking out the bottom to turn it over to heat. I took that vacuum thing off so it will stay on heat as it seems no vacuum works inside on mine but as long as I have heat that's all I need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts