Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 451 Posts

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
The weather here in Deep East Texas has cooled considerably and it looks as if it is about time to start on the replacing of Ms. American 3.14159's Brake Line System. This caper includes removing and replacing of all the Rigid Lines and the three Flexible Lines (two on the front and one on the rear).

As mentioned previously, Tim (ford4v429) graciously surprised me by having delivered to the local Post Office two substantial envelopes.

One envelope contains a coil of tubing labeled:
NiCopp Alloy Tubing.
Copper Nickel Ferrous Alloy
(Part Number CNC-325)
Easy Bending
Never Rusts
OE Specified
SAE 1650 (whatever that means)
Seamless Copper Nickel 90-10 Tubing.
3/16" X 25'-0"
Along with fifteen either Brass or Copper fittings. (Five with 5/8"s of thread, and ten with 5/16"s of thread).

The other envelope contains:
Two 1/8" X 1'-2" KST brand B4AZ-2078-A Flexible Brake Hoses
One 1/8" X 1'-3" KST brand H-700 Flexible Brake Hose.

Knowing Tim's reputation, there is absolutely no reason to doubt or suspect that all this material is not precisely what is needed to do the replacing of the 3.14's Brake Lines.

Pursuant to that goal, on this relatively cool morning, the trusty Extension Cord was stretched out, and the Great Neck Electric Impact Wrench was use to remove the Lug Nuts from the 3.14's Right Front Brake Assembly. The Kelsey Hayes 15" Severe Service Wheel and Mastercraft A/S IV Tire were brought into the Sound/Music Studio for safe keeping.

The Lug Nuts were then reinstalled on the Studs, also for safe keeping.

As it stands now, the 3.14 is up on Jack Stands with both of her Front Wheels removed.

Have started this new thread in order to impell myself to be active and by being active not embarrass myself by inactivity.

The next thing that needs doing is to get out the atrusty Lawn Rake and remove all of the detritus presently residing under the 3.14, from almost two years of immobility. This will make it possible to actually get under the old Gal.

All this HAS to be done, and if I don't do it, it WON'T.

All tips, bits, and pieces of advice and wisdom are welcome. Don't be shy.

Well, that's about it for today. Hope that this finds you all doing well.

Take excellent care.

JC

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tip #1....BE CAREFUL JC!!:tup:
Hey MJ,
Careful? Hmmm, never thought of that! :)

Glad you're gettin' to it....GOOD LUCK!!:D
Thanks. The enthusiasm has been building. Am getting kind of antsy just sitting at the computer in front of fans and writing. Not that I don't enjoy writing, and have over the summer written forty-one chapters in the first book of the second trilogy, but have been getting the urge to do something physical. It has been just too hot to go out and besides the vampire mosquitos have been out in force. It appears that all that will be moderating soon.

Anyway, thanks for the tip. Trust that you are doing well.

JC

·
Registered
581 Posts
I like that tubing
Flares nicely and bends easily---but still be cautious when making sharp bends.

Might be a good idea to stop by AutoZone and pick up a small flaring tool.
I got one just for 3/16 lines and it it easy and small enough to use on the car vs the bench. Have to look up instructions for it tho, if you have not used flaring tools before

Also---if you run out of tubing---Advance Auto parts usually has this stuff in stock (or can get it pronto) and the store I go to, has a pretty good selection of tube nuts as well----and couplers and fittings

Just did a 54 Chev wagon with this and also did my 65 Ranchero with it.
Had to re-route brake and fuel lines just a bit so I used this stuff rather than buying a new line made for the car.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Tip #1....BE CAREFUL JC!!:tup:

Glad you're gettin' to it....GOOD LUCK!!:D
+1 :)

I always tell my Mom, rule #1- dont fall down...I think I'll rethink that to a simple 'be careful'- oldest son spent last week in Colorado with her, she picked him up at the airport, got in a wreck in Denver...her fault, luckily no permanent damage except 2 cars heading to the scrapyard...she didnt fall down, still managed to get pretty bruised up- she'll be 73 in a couple weeks

JC, if you have some PB blaster or Kroil, might not hurt to spritz a bit on the fittings/hose clips a day or three ahead of time - they tend to be a knuckle busting proposition to loosen after a decade, let alone five :) when replacing anyways, Ive almost always had to resort to snipping tubes off close with a pair of cutters and then putting a deepwell six point socket on to remove them, a lot less frustration than a rounded fitting/broken flare wrenches...

good luck, hope they all break free easily, and all your knuckles stay unskinned.

Ive been out (finally) off the chair out tinkering- sons ranger needed new cab corners, wifes avalanche had some surface rust showing on a quarter...needed attention before salt season, so spent a couple evenings welding/painting(just spraycans from automotivetouchup.com - really like their paint, matches better than the expensive stuff Ive had mixed over the years, and they have 2 part urethane clear in a can that sprays great...has a button you punch on bottom of can to mix hardeners, you have 24 hours to use...tack free in 15, dry in a hour)
Sons paint due in today, went ahead and used autozone stuff, way off color- will likely redo his tonight(but not pulling the bed back off, color is close enough under there). anyways, hopefully they are ready for another winter- I know I'm not...
love the weather this time of year- low humidity, cooler, just days are so darned short...only lasts a few weeks, they daylight savings, and wet/cold/clammy weather, then tons of leaves to deal with...oh joy...

you be well- and as MarauderJack said- please be careful sir :)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like that tubing
Flares nicely and bends easily---
Hey Mr. B,
That's what Tim says also.

but still be cautious when making sharp bends.
Plan on doing one section at a time. Removing the original, duplicate original, reinstall duplicate. Don't think that there are any sharp bends on the originals.

Might be a good idea to stop by AutoZone and pick up a small flaring tool. I got one just for 3/16 lines and it it easy and small enough to use on the car vs the bench. Have to look up instructions for it tho, if you have not used flaring tools before.
Have watched a number of YouTube Videos of how to do double flares. Some of them say to do it a number of times for practice before actually doing the ones used on the vehicle.

The guy at the Lawn Mower Shop near where Ms. American lives has a really nice Double Flaring Tool Set that he would loan. He even offered to do the flares for me if the tubing was prepared/prebent, but I really want to do them myself. We'll see.

Also---if you run out of tubing---Advance Auto parts usually has this stuff in stock (or can get it pronto) and the store I go to, has a pretty good selection of tube nuts as well----and couplers and fittings
There are only three auto parts stores in this area. NAPA, O'Rileys, and AutoZone. But, don't think that with twenty-five feet of Tubing that we'll come up short.

Just did a 54 Chev wagon with this and also did my 65 Ranchero with it. Had to re-route brake and fuel lines just a bit so I used this stuff rather than buying a new line made for the car.
Don't plan on changing anything on the duplicates.

Will keep the updates coming.

Anyway, thanks for the response.

JC

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
+1 :) I always tell my Mom, rule #1- dont fall down...
Hey Tim,
Am extra careful, don't move too fast, watch where I'm going.

I think I'll rethink that to a simple 'be careful'- oldest son spent last week in Colorado with her, she picked him up at the airport, got in a wreck in Denver...her fault, luckily no permanent damage except 2 cars heading to the scrapyard...
YOW! Sorry to hear that. Glad no one was hurt.

she didnt fall down, still managed to get pretty bruised up- she'll be 73 in a couple weeks
Getting old is not for sissies.

JC, if you have some PB blaster or Kroil, might not hurt to spritz a bit on the fittings/hose clips a day or three ahead of time - they tend to be a knuckle busting proposition to loosen after a decade, let alone five :)
Good idea. Was out this morning perusing the situation about cleaning everything out from under the 3.14. Have a Leaf Blower/Vacuum that should make short work of the project.

when replacing anyways, Ive almost always had to resort to snipping tubes off close with a pair of cutters and then putting a deepwell six point socket on to remove them, a lot less frustration than a rounded fitting/broken flare wrenches...
Remember some time ago, one of the guys here sent a coupon with which to obtain a very nice set of Metwrinches. GREAT tool. Impossible to round off the corners of the fitting because the wrench doesn't bear on the corners, but bears on the flats.

good luck, hope they all break free easily, and all your knuckles stay unskinned.
Plan to use gloves as you previously suggested.

I've been out (finally) off the chair out tinkering- sons ranger needed new cab corners, wifes avalanche had some surface rust showing on a quarter...needed attention before salt season, so spent a couple evenings welding/painting (just spraycans from automotivetouchup.com - really like their paint, matches better than the expensive stuff I've had mixed over the years, and they have 2 part urethane clear in a can that sprays great...has a button you punch on bottom of can to mix hardeners, you have 24 hours to use...tack free in 15, dry in a hour)
Sounds amazing. There is just all kinds of new stuff out there. It's hard to keep up with it all. I remember back a few years when I decided to build some model planes. The way it's done now is nothing like it was when I learned how to do is as a kid. Same way with car stuff.

Sons paint due in today, went ahead and used autozone stuff, way off color- will likely redo his tonight (but not pulling the bed back off, color is close enough under there). anyways, hopefully they are ready for another winter- I know I'm not...
Well you guys up there have a real winter ordeal. Here, it just gets moderately cold. Sometimes down to a few degrees below freezing. But you guys have snow, ice, salt...

love the weather this time of year- low humidity, cooler, just days are so darned short...only lasts a few weeks, they daylight savings, and wet/cold/clammy weather, then tons of leaves to deal with...oh joy...
I don't do the daylight savings thing. It confuses the cats. I feed them when the clock says 5:00 a.m. all year round and never change the clocks. There was a farmer out in West Texas that wrote the Governor urging him not go put Texas on daylight savings time because it was so dry that the crops couldn't stand another hour of daylight. :)

you be well- and as MarauderJack said- please be careful sir :)
Am hanging in here, and don't have to hurry anything. Slow and easy. Don't plan on getting myself hurt.

Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays have been and will continue to be kind of wasted mornings because of having to have foxy home care nurses come bandage my arm and one never knows when they are coming. Have to stay near the phone to be here when they call. The good news is that that will only be going on for another couple of weeks. The arm is almost completely healed. The surgeon said it would be a year. It's turning out to be less than three months.

Anyway, things are going along quite well here. Hope the same is happening where you are.

Take care.

JC

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Remember also brake lines should be a double flare.
Hey Mr. I,
A resounding YES on that!

These will be my first ones!

Here I am almost seventy-seven years old, and Ms. American is fifty-one and this will be only the second time that she has had this happen to her. The first time for her was at the factory in Los Angeles. It ought to be an exciting experience for us both.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder. Hope you are well.

JC

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
hey JC,
my 7 yr old is becoming quite a reader, wanted to see what I was reading, asked me what JC's car looked like...soooo searched her and your old hemmings page popped up, anyways, little Bill said it looks cool. he thought it was funny when I told him the story about the fancy cop car, and how unusual to have the 'racing' motor in a big 4 door car kinda like Ben's... just thought you might get a kick out of that :)

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey JC, my 7 yr old is becoming quite a reader, wanted to see what I was reading, asked me what JC's car looked like...soooo searched her and your old hemmings page popped up, anyways, little Bill said it looks cool. he thought it was funny when I told him the story about the fancy cop car, and how unusual to have the 'racing' motor in a big 4 door car kinda like Ben's... just thought you might get a kick out of that :)
Hey Tim,
That old Hemmings page seems soooo long ago. Don't know if you know how come it was that Ms. American started being a do it yourself project.

One day, the 3.14 was running horribly. There is an auto repair shop just north of where we live. Took the old Gal in and asked him if he rebuilds carburetors. He came out to where the 3.14 was sitting and we popped the hood. He looked at the Holley 4150, recorded the number on the airhorn, went back to his phone and called O'Riley's Auto Parts. I heard him say: "Yeah, it a really old Ford." He finished talking, hung up and said, the rebuild kit is $85.00 and that's their price and I'll have to mark it up. and the rebuild would be $100.00. Not being able to afford that, we left.

Went to the local M&M Auto Parts and asked how much a rebuild kit for a Holley 4150 was. George looked it up and said: "$31.95".

Well, not having the money at the moment, I went back out to go home and Ms. American wouldn't start. George came out and looked at the engine and did something down by the Steering Box. He said: "Try it now." I got in, keyed the starter and she started right up, and ran really good. I asked him what he had done? He showed me the cylinder numbers 7 and 8 Spark Plug wires were resting on the Brake Line coming out of the Master Cylinder and had worn through and were shorting out.

Went back in and got a NEW set of Spark Plug Wires, installed them sitting in the M&M parking lot and Ms. American was all fixed.

But the lesson learned from the guy at the auto shop was that the people here in this area see a old vehicle like Ms. American, and automatically the prices jump 300%. It was right then that it was decided to learn how to work on the old Gal myself.

It has been primarily due to the help and encouragement from all you guys here at FMF that Ms. American has had all kind of stuff done to her and in the process I have become a reasonably well equipped amateur mechanic.

Anyway, your story about your seven year old was really cute. He'll probably grow up to be a competent mechanic like you! :)

Am getting ready to go out and clean the pavement under Ms. American before it gets too warm and out of the shade of the house.

Take care.

JC

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I modify my "Tip #1".....BE CAREFUL AND DON'T FALL DOWN!!:tup: Good Luck and I hope it all works out perfectly JC!!:D
Hey Mr. MJ,
Will try to maintain my balance. BUT, the good news is that most of what needs doing involves lying under the 3.14. There's very little chance of falling down when one is already lying on the pavement. Just have to trust that the Jack Stands will keep Ms. American from falling down, especially while I'm under her. :)

JC

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey All,
Just got back indoors from having been outside raking the leaves (and other stuff) out from under Ms. American.

After having done what was done, have decided to put the front tires back on the old Gal, take her down off the Jack Stands, and move her to a more accessible location on the driveway.

There are too many reasons for doing this to list.

Nonetheless, that will be tomorrow morning's project.

JC

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey All,
Sunday Morning Update: Just got back indoors from having been outside putting both of Ms. American's Front Wheels back on.

You might not think that that is something to write home about, but after having sat on my butt since the weather turned too hot to be outside, which was right after the Kitty Kastle was finished late last Spring, my physical strength and endurance has to be rebuilt a bit at a time. Have to be careful not to over-do because that puts me down for a couple of days.

So depending on how I feel in another hour or so, may go out and take the Jack Stands out from under the 3.14's Rear Axle and put the old Gal's Rear Wheels back on the ground for the first time in about two years.

That happens to be pretty easily done using Lorrie Van Haul's Hydraulic Bottle Jack. The front end, on the other hand, has to be done with the 3.14's original Bumper Jack. Am scheduling that for tomorrow.

Step-by-step. Little-by-little.

Am seriously considering acquiring a Floor Jack. Got a Mr. GoodWrench Floor Jack from Wal*Mart and it lasted about six weeks. :(

Anyway, will keep you all updated.

JC

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So depending on how I feel in another hour or so, may go out and take the Jack Stands out from under the 3.14's Rear Axle and put the old Gal's Rear Wheels back on the ground for the first time in about two years.
Hey All,
Sunday Noon Update: Ms. American's Rear Tires are CARessing the ground! :)

That happens to be pretty easily done using Lorrie Van Haul's Hydraulic Bottle Jack.
Can you say: "Spoke too soon"?

The Bottle Jack worked perfectly on the passenger's side Rear Wheel. Put it under the driver's side Rear Wheel, and got the Jack Stand out from under the Axle. Started releasing the pressure, and for some reason, the Bottle Jack went down so far that it was trapped between the ground and the Axle. Tried to jack it back up, and apparently it has failed because it wouldn't go back up. :(

But undaunted, we soldiered on.

Got out Ms. American's Bumper Jack. Fourteen pumps later, the Bottle Jack was freed! All that was left to do was do fourteen pumps back down and then put the Bumper Jack back in the trunk.

As our beloved Dubya would say: "Mission Accomplished!"

So NOW, am needing a Floor Jack really bad. They have 2.25 ton models at Lowe's for around $60.00 (including tax). Am going to check NAPA and AutoZone.

Thinking to get a couple of them. One for in Lorrie Van Haul, and one for in Ms. American. That should warm the cockles of their little hearts. If there's anything they hate, it's little cold cockles!

Anyway, it has gotten too warm to be out, but more got done than was anticipated. It appears that the energy and strength factors are alive and well here in the Deep East Texas Pineywood Forest.

BTW, think the Hydraulic Fluid Leak has been found. It is either the Passenger Side Slave Cylinder Fitting, or maybe there is a hole in the Tubing, either way, the whole end of the Axle Housing is soaked.

Anyway, take care everyone.

JC

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey All,
Tuesday morning Update:Ms. American's Front Tires CARessing the ground! :)

All it took was three pumps on the her Bumper Jack on the Passenger Side and the Jack Stand was free. Twas then a matter of pumping her Right Front Wheel down to the Ground. Did the same on the Driver's side, and she is now in her normal stance with all four boots on the ground.

Next: Have to completely remove the Tarps and Visqueen. Then am going to put Lorrie nose to nose with the 3.14, chain them together, partially apply the old Gal's Parking Brake to make it to where she won't just roll freely, and then gently pull her north about thirty feet to a freshly swept and Leaf Blowered area of the Drive Way.

Have found this:

Sears.com

And this:

Sears.com

Am going to call the Livingston Sears to see if they have them in stock. If they do, may make a special trip to go get them. If they don't will order them on line and depending on shipping costs, either have them shipped to me directly or to the Livingston location.

Either way, these two items should make doing the deed much easier than futzing around what is presently here and wiggling my less than optimally agile physical form around under Ms. American.

Will keep you all updated as progress occurs.

Take care.

JC

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey All,
Just ordered the two items listed in the links in the previous post. They came free shipping and should arrive at my door on Friday, September 25, 2014.

Everything happens when it is supposed to.

JC

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
tools that make the job safer, more comfortable, or just generally possible/easier are a worthwhile investment :)

I bought my floorjack back in highschool, still have it, used it about a 'bizillion' times... I had bought a little one that i near committed suicide with- was finishing up under my 69 camaro, jacked it up off the stands, rolled under to grab the jackstands, slid them out, grabbed the front bumper to roll myself out, as I did the jack popped, bumper just brushed my hair... wasnt my day to die...tore the jack apart, the 'piston' was a steel washer with a big slug of silicone/urethane looking soft piston to hold the pressure- but the steel washer part was a good 1/8" smaller- guess I musta had the jack maxed out or something, that pull up/out to roll from under the car was enough a 1/2" wide crescent shaped chunk of the piston sheared off inside the tube... tossed it in the trash and bought a good 2 1/2 ton- and ever since have been clear before pulling a sand, use a broom or something if necessary...

out in Colorado a month or so ago, my brother had a nice 2 1/2 ton sitting in the bed of his truck...where he lives, cell reception is weak, I was outside talking to mom on the phone, tore his jack apart, oiled it, tightened up the bolts...he'd let it get so rusty the swivels were sticking, caused the nuts to come loose, the casters were at a angle, one big wheel would barely roll, handle hattered squeaked when loosening... he came out as I just finished putting the handle back in- 'whatcha doing?' 'just talking to mom...and doing a little PM on your jack...' :)
he rolled it and was like 'i never realized how hard it was to roll before- I gave him just a little greif about especially the casters being so sticky- the kind of thing if they dont roll, can pull the saddle from under a axle instead of rolling under it...

Anyways, hope the nicer weather holds for a long while- this is my favorite time of year, but days get short so fast... got home tonight and started mowing, just got done as the sun set, next time will be doing 1/3 at a time as time change is a coming :( 5 acres of grass takes a couple hours at best, hopefully only one or two more mowings before time to put the plow on and get things ready for winter...last winter I just used Don'd old cub to plow, did surprisingly well, just didnt steer to great, put some bigger tires(chevron and ribbed) and it did as good as the big 4wd tractor :) I've fund out why folks loved these old gear drive Cub Cadets, for only 7hp, they really are little workhorses- and sip about a quart per hour... heres a pic of Don's old 1968 model 71 as it sits now- made some funky fenders to keep feet out of the tires, just added a temporary headlight a couple weeks ago, gonna find a OEM set/grille eventually, but for now at least you can see a little... plowing last winter, night with a new moon, man does it get black early- theres a couple hundred feet of drive under the trees, and couldnt see my hand in front of my face...sounds stupid, but had to use my phone light just to see the driveway :)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
tools that make the job safer, more comfortable, or just generally possible/easier are a worthwhile investment :)
Hey Tim,
The only downside to that is that sometimes the only use they get is the one time for which they were bought. There are a number of tools here that were needed for a specific purpose and haven't been used since.

I bought my floorjack back in highschool, still have it, used it about a 'bizillion' times... I had bought a little one that i near committed suicide with- was finishing up under my 69 camaro, jacked it up off the stands, rolled under to grab the jackstands, slid them out, grabbed the front bumper to roll myself out, as I did the jack popped, bumper just brushed my hair... wasnt my day to die...tore the jack apart, the 'piston' was a steel washer with a big slug of silicone/urethane looking soft piston to hold the pressure- but the steel washer part was a good 1/8" smaller- guess I musta had the jack maxed out or something, that pull up/out to roll from under the car was enough a 1/2" wide crescent shaped chunk of the piston sheared off inside the tube...
Have many times put Ms. American and Lorrie up on Jack Stands and have had the trepidation of them falling over. Assuage that misgiving by after they are up, actually trying to knock them over. I mean REALLY trying. Figure if they can't be tipped over by doing that, that the chances of them accidentally falling is pretty much nil.

tossed it in the trash and bought a good 2 1/2 ton- and ever since have been clear before pulling a stand, use a broom or something if necessary...
Other than Jack Stands under the 3.14's Rear Axle, the Stands are usually close enough to an edge that they can be reached without having to actually go under the vehicle.

This next time that Ms. American goes up onto the Stands, am going to be able to, using the NEW Floor Jack, put one Stand under the frame in front of the Rear Wheels, and one under the frame behind the Front Wheels which will provide totally unemcumbered access to both the front and rear of the old Gal.

The specs on the Craftsman Floor Jack says it will have a max height of 1'-2", but with a 4" X 4" block of wood between the frame and the Jack, that height will go up to 1'-6".

out in Colorado a month or so ago, my brother had a nice 2 1/2 ton sitting in the bed of his truck...where he lives, cell reception is weak, I was outside talking to mom on the phone, tore his jack apart, oiled it, tightened up the bolts...he'd let it get so rusty the swivels were sticking, caused the nuts to come loose, the casters were at a angle, one big wheel would barely roll, handle hattered squeaked when loosening... he came out as I just finished putting the handle back in- 'whatcha doing?' 'just talking to mom...and doing a little PM on your jack...' :)
he rolled it and was like 'i never realized how hard it was to roll before- I gave him just a little greif about especially the casters being so sticky- the kind of thing if they dont roll, can pull the saddle from under a axle instead of rolling under it...
With the humidity and frequent rain, it's necessary here to plastic and tarp anything that is left outdoors. The Lawn Tractor, the 3.14, though Lorrie doesn't get covered as she is used every other day or so. Would really be GREAT to have a garage or car port. Alas.

Anyways, hope the nicer weather holds for a long while- this is my favorite time of year, but days get short so fast... got home tonight and started mowing, just got done as the sun set, next time will be doing 1/3 at a time as time change is a coming :( 5 acres of grass takes a couple hours at best, hopefully only one or two more mowings before time to put the plow on and get things ready for winter...
YOW! Five acres! Karel the Lawn Tractor gets used ever three weeks. Prepare (gas, oil, tire pressure) her the evening before Sunday morning. Then at about 3:00 a.m. plug in the Battery Charger. Then go out at 7:00 a.m. and it takes about an hour. Do the last mowing on Thansgibbon day.

last winter I just used Don's old cub to plow, did surprisingly well, just didnt steer to great, put some bigger tires(chevron and ribbed) and it did as good as the big 4wd tractor :) I've fund out why folks loved these old gear drive Cub Cadets, for only 7hp, they really are little workhorses- and sip about a quart per hour... heres a pic of Don's old 1968 model 71 as it sits now- made some funky fenders to keep feet out of the tires, just added a temporary headlight a couple weeks ago, gonna find a OEM set/grille eventually, but for now at least you can see a little... plowing last winter, night with a new moon, man does it get black early- theres a couple hundred feet of drive under the trees, and couldnt see my hand in front of my face...sounds stupid, but had to use my phone light just to see the driveway :)
That's Don in the picture? That Cub is a lot bigger and more heavy-duty than Karel the Craftsman, but then again, you have a LOT more to mow than does Karel.

While you try to mow before the sun goes down, we try to mow right after the sun comes up. Am trying to stay out of the sunlight. Feel like a friggin' vampire! But it's necessary. At least I don't sleep in a coffin! :)

Am going to see if Ms. American will move in the next day or so. Will probably clean off where she is going to sit today. We'll see.

Anyway, hope you are doing fine.

Take care

JC

1 - 20 of 451 Posts