Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently have become addicted to this little car racing game called Split Second. It has been out for about 2 years but I just found the free download for it. I particularly like the front bumper cam view because you really get the speed affect. Things happen on the road course very fast and you often just react. If you think about it you'll plow into a concrete pylon or a barrier or something.

Well I was playing it the other night for 2 or 3 hours and went out, jumped in my truck to go to the store. There is a hard left, hard right, done a way then a sweeping right and straight down to a stop sign. I pulled the truck down in first(still will go 45 in first) and took the turns, shifted into second and was about to brake with power full on and slide through the left stop before I realized I wasn't still playing the game any more, LOL. I was so used to the speeds in the game still that my truck seemed really slow. I had been driving a Ferrrari powered Coyote. I could seriously go for one of those I think.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I recently have become addicted to this little car racing game called Split Second. It has been out for about 2 years but I just found the free download for it. I particularly like the front bumper cam view because you really get the speed affect. Things happen on the road course very fast and you often just react. If you think about it you'll plow into a concrete pylon or a barrier or something.

Well I was playing it the other night for 2 or 3 hours and went out, jumped in my truck to go to the store. There is a hard left, hard right, done a way then a sweeping right and straight down to a stop sign. I pulled the truck down in first(still will go 45 in first) and took the turns, shifted into second and was about to brake with power full on and slide through the left stop before I realized I wasn't still playing the game any more, LOL. I was so used to the speeds in the game still that my truck seemed really slow. I had been driving a Ferrrari powered Coyote. I could seriously go for one of those I think.
LOL BTDT, there use to be a online racing game called "Motor City Online" was the coolest game!! You could buy sell cars and parts. Build your own car. Hell build your own engine. choose tires, rears, spring rates, pretty extensive game. Bunch of different tracks you could race for money agaisnt other people online, they had tornaments, it was a blast.
Still remember my best/fav car. It was a 67/68 Camaro RS with a 427 ford in it lol.
Won a lot of money (play) with that car.

But anyways after playing for a couple hours jump in my real car and ended up cutting some corners little close. clip the edge of a yard lol

Lou

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I get bad about that when I've gone karting for an afternoon. I jump back in the truck and suddenly forgot body roll exists (or suspension for that matter) and I wonder why it takes 11,000 turns to get to steering lock.

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
my one son is a game junkie, fell down the stairs one morning, said he was half awake and thought he was pushing the controller button to go down the stairs in a game...yeah, we cut his game time :)

worst i ever did, had not been driving long, got a job, they had me on a old clark forklift- clearing out a small building, lots of stuff, lots of posts, steering/backing like austin powers on his golfcart... the forklift stalled constantly, shifter on the left, put in neutral, start/go... after work, hopped in the car, started it up and broke the turn signal lever off- DOH!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Dont say fail in life..thats lame. So is saying every things epic. Put a bend in your monster hat bill please.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Dont say fail in life..thats lame. So is saying every things epic. Put a bend in your monster hat bill please.
Or worse, my teenage daughter's favorite saying is "Epic fail" when something goes wrong. :confused:

Isn't that an oxy-moron?

John

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Sometimes when I get in my truck I'm shocked to rediscover that it doesn't have that ultra neutral feeling of the Boss 302. I do drive the truck slower now though.

My biggest problem playing video games is sometimes I wake up in the morning after battling aliens or zombies all night long in my dreams. I'll literally be mentally worn out! Seriously my dreams are just like the video games...

I'm 40 now so I know I shouldn't be playing many video games, but hey I grew up in Silicon Valley and still own my original Atari 2600 and Apple IIe. Throw in my Halo Edition Xbox and TWO Xbox 360's and it proves I'm a junkie I guess. Playing racing games on Laguna Seca for 20 years did help prepare me for the Open Tracking I've been doing with the Boss 302 though.

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
64Pelican,

I've had those dreams. LOL!

I've played video games since the first Atari also, we even had the Pong console.

There is nothing wrong with gaming in my opinion as long as you can put it down and walk away. Function as a normal person, work and pay your bills to support yourself and or your family.
I have heard of people that can't and wont do that. They have a problem.

Just my .02

Jet

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
I think the biggest hazard for kids that play too much, is the lack of fine muscle control you get from USING your HANDS instead of just your thumbs... every time any of my kids try using a screwdriver or ratchet, it drives me nuts how uncoordinated they look. just takes time, but still as 'skilled' as they are at games, they have the dexterity of about a 5 yr old to watch them do anything 'real'... ok, not THAT bad, but still- kids need to spend more time building plastic model kits/painting, etc in my opinion to develop coordination to take little crap apart without dropping everything...

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the same sensation when I get off my motorcycle and get into my truck or when I've been racing my mustang and jump in the truck to go home. It requires a brief adjustment period.

The best gamers, best racers, best fighter pilots, best fighters don't think about what they are doing. It becomes subconscious or moved to the right side of the brain and the subconscious mind is much faster than the thinking brain, more intuitive, more creative, quicker reactive. If you don't get to that point you don't win. I'm also left handed and right brain dominant so I'm certifiably weird.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.