Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really impressed with the new Saleen PJ Edition Mustang.They punched out the 4.6 (281 cu.in.) to 302 cu.in.,bumped the compression up,installed Saleen cams & enhanced the cylinder heads.The end result is 400 naturally aspirated horsepower & 390 lb-ft of torque.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Nice, N/A mod motors making 400hp. Ford will need to do the same on the GT if they want to compete power wise with the new Camaro.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I think Ford & GM will be in trouble when the '09 Dodge Challenger arrives.

Lots of Die hard Dodge fans out there. They are probably more loyal then Ford Fans, but I also think that Dodge really lost a lot of favor with thier loyal "Dodgies" when they went with the Hemi in thier trucks. Cause I see lots of those Hemi trucks getting passed by production engine Ford Trucks all the time.

Nothing like having "Hemi" Painted all over the truck as advertisement they have a slow moving vehical...(lots of laughs)

The New Charger's are a very heavy car, even with a 400 HP Motor, and 4 wheel drive, they are a bit sluggish.

The Challenger is supposed to be a very fast car though.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
The Challenger is also going to be VERY heavy. Ive seen reports where its not much lighter then the Charger/300.

Ford has something coming for the SEMI-hemi. Don't worry.

Who am I kidding, My GT500 is heavy as a sob. It just doesn't feel like it is. And if I had to buy either the Slow-maro or the Challenger.. It would be definitely be the Challenger.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
If I were a Chevy sorta person, I would be very disappointed with the shape and looks of the new Camaro. A Dodge lover should be overwhelmed with the new Challenger. As a Ford person, I think I could make room in the garage for a new Mustang.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
That true hardtop concept of the Challenger makes me drool. Wish Ford would bring back the 69-71 Torino SCJ with all the modern day amenities. I would sell the farm.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Slomaro just doesnt do it for me, at first it looked pretty good, way too retro for me. Its just a joke, once again, the camero chasing the mustang.

New mustang looks BADD A$$!!! Great subtle improvements made on an already awesome looking car.

If i wasnt biased towards fords, and i was in the market, it would be a tough choice between the challenger and the mustang, camero wouldnt even be considered. the new "Boss" engine should be something interesting, if ford will wake up and put something over 300ci in the mustang.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts