Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in our local Ford dealer the other day getting the Mark VIII serviced before I went on vacation. (They're one of my customers so I strolled on back into the shop and talked with the tech. I already know all of the guys there). The guy working on my Linc was impressed with it, especially with the 4.6 DOHC. We were at the parts counter and I mentioned that I would eventually like to put a set of gears in it. The parts guy said, "what gear do you want to put in it?" I said, "probably a 355 or maybe even a 390." He said I have a set of 355's back here. I acknowledged him, but didn't give it a second thought, just figured he was trying to make a sale. He re-appears with a box and sure enough, 355's. "Here ya go", he says. I just stood there looking stupid. He said, "These were taken off of a new truck with a bad bearing in the rear end. When Ford replaces it, they ship a whole carrier, so I just kept the gears. Here ya go!" Now, I'm a little dense, but I was starting to get the picture. The guy was giving me a set of virtually zero mile 355's for an 8.8 FOR FREE!! I said, man I can't take these for nothing. How much do you want?" He wouldn't take a dime, and said he was glad to give 'em to me. These guys have been my customers for nearly ten years now and I've always treated 'em right and gone the extra mile. I guess you never know when somebody'll notice!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
That really cool. It nice to see someone rewarded for being a good guy.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Wow!

That really is a cool story!

Thanks for sharing that with us, fxcomet!

A old wise man once told me, "Happiness is a direct by-product from living right."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts