Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again I’m exhausted with working on “project sleeper” all day but I do have good news to report.

I have the 351W in the car with the tranny bolted up to it and the #6208 headers fit. While I didn’t get to the point that I wanted to for today the fact that I have the headers in with room to spare made me feel really good. The pass. side fit like a glove, I only needed to dent the firewall a bit more than I had already last weekend for the header to line up with the heads.

The driver’s side needed a bit more bashing than the other side on the firewall but once the engine was in place I had the clearance for the #8 tube to be where it wants to be for the header to fit.

Right now I only need to tighten up the tranny crossmember bolts, the engine mount bolts and the torque converter bolts AWA screwing in the tranny lines to the tranny and installing the starter bolts to the starter (which is just sitting in its location) and I will be done with the underneath areas of the car, then only the water pump, bracketry, rad and fluids need to be installed and I should be ready to fire up this beast, can’t wait for that to happen.

Oh, I have to thank my friends Mr. 5.0 pal and Sam (co-worker) for coming by today to assist me with the project. 5.0 pal and my other friend Mr. GM Freak will drop by tomorrow to give me a hand to continue working on my Granada.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Glad the headers fit. When I measured mine for you we didn't think to check the tube to firewall clearance at the rear. Glad to know that the side to side room was ok. Figured they would be.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah Dave, thanks again for your help with the measurements, they helped a lot. AFA denting the firewall for both headers they actually don't need to be dented too much, especially the pass. side. I probably went a little bit more then I should for the driver's side since it took 7 tries pulling and dropping the motor to get the clearance needed for that #8 tube. I actually have more clearance here than necessary, a little insurance for the torquing of the engine.

Although scratched up a bit, the header tubes didn't need to be dented at all, good for getting all that exhaust flow out of the engine, this one and the stage 2 motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts