749 Posts
wow

That is sweet

Im down to a 63 1/2 galaxie or a 66/67 fairlane for the "cruiser"
but a ragtop like that would rock!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Um, say Greg, do you know "where" your Galaxy is....I don't want to scare ya or anything, but it looks like somebody is trying to sell it on e-bay

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Man, That's one of the few 'verts I've ever seen that look as good with the top up as it does down!! Wish I had the bucks to bid, but my wife says the Comet is one project too many...(the ONLY project, I might add!
)

·
Registered
749 Posts
ooooh thats Gregs vert

wow would I love to buy that. Too bad its not one year later. I'll be able to spend a good chunk of money by then. I'm looking for a carshow/rod run cruzin' rig like that.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Greg, you mean plan "B" isn't putting the 514 shortblock in it or the 472 short block out of the Fairlane? Mild pump gas friendly 472 or 514 with decent size meats on the back without any cutting of the wheel wells? a 13 or 12 second convertable that can take long trips on the highway? 390 or 428 would be cool too though I guess in a "FE" sorta way

·
Registered
553 Posts
On 2002-05-11 15:10, Greg Cook wrote:
514 is going in the Fairlane.

472 is heading north of the border. Seems a certain Polar 68 has been bitten by the Big Block Bug. uh huh uh huh

This guy's really got it bad!
Oh hell Yea

I figured the 500 hp "sorta big" block would be a good "training motor" til he really wants to step up! Run before you Fly!
"

Thanks Greg

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I feel the same way about my '65 Fairlane 500 wagon. About 12 years now I've had it and I just can't seem to part with it even though it no longer interests me but I don't want to see it go either. It'll sit in the back yard for a while until I decide what to do. I don't like the idea of it wasting away in the back yard in perfect running condition but I can't seem to part with it. I'm afraid I am turning into one of those asses that won't sell their car but won't do anything with it either while they rot for many years without being used or cared for. My daughter was concieved in the back of it and I went on many long trips at dangerously high speeds but it floated straight down the road with no ill handling effects. 100-130MPH and a smooth ride for many miles on end thru the deserts. Many tickets too but I sure have had a good time in it. I tried to sell it but no more of that. It's mine forever(or at least until I move somewhere else like Rochester next year).

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Know what you mean guys! Greg, if you sold it, you know you'll never find another as nice. I looked for 2 years to find the right Comet and even then it was a diamond in the rough. Kent if you ever do want to sell that '65, let me know!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts