Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THERE! I feel a whole lot better. Been wanting to belch that out ever since I saw one. What was Ford thinking?

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
I stayed up late to watch the 2010 'reveal' on the speed channel... first thing the next morning called the dealer to order a new mustang...a 2009 identical to my 06, last of the pretty ones to my eyes...
the 09's still stored, never driven, flatbedded home from michigan, 4.something miles on the clock, mostly from moving it around occasionally.
a waste of a new car? yes, but by the time the 06 dies, a mustang might cost >50k, might be uglier yet, yada yada yada... I'd always said if I could go back in tim that I'd stash away a new 69 fastback- well, THATS not gonna happen, so when opportunity knocked on my second favorite mustang model, decided to go for it...only time will tell how stupid the decision was...with a lot of unexpected trouble in '08, really wish I just wouldnt have done it, sure woulda been nice not having that payment, but its still here.

I simply dont like what they did to the 10 backend. some love it, some probably hated the 05, to each his own, right :)

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
makes you wonder whos dumb idea it was to change rear facia.....:bs:

i whont be bying one.....

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
definitely to each their own... I dont know I'd definitely still drive this:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
The tapered tail lights and rounded fascia look stupid to me.....I liked the original "Retro Body Styles" much better!!:tup:

Not sure of the year....'05 or '06?? :confused:

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
I like em. Much better on the new ones than the weird squarish ones of the last gen and a million times better than the Fox or the 01-04 style. Also way better than the current Camaro's ass end. Remember the car has to be stable at a 150 MPH these days too.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
The tapered tail lights and rounded fascia look stupid to me.....I liked the original "Retro Body Styles" much better!!:tup:

Not sure of the year....'05 or '06?? :confused:
05~09 were all the same...not my favorite, but I still kinda like the backend too. the 10+ I just cant get into in the least...its a great car, but everyone has their favorites :)

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
definitely to each their own... I dont know I'd definitely still drive this:

funny- I was messing around in photoshop with a grabber blue10 a while back- which do you like better?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
seen with shelby styling helps alot..

but in basic form....not so good.......

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Daleford- whats your opinion on the '13?
Thanks for asking but you are probably going to get a negative response. I didn't know there were going to be any changes already, so I looked up some pics. It looks likem more of the same to me. Looks Chinesey !

·
Premium Member
731 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Thanks for asking but you are probably going to get a negative response. I didn't know there were going to be any changes already, so I looked up some pics. It looks likem more of the same to me. Looks Chinesey !
pos/neg, no prob, thats what I was wanting to hear- just curious as to how many folks thought it was better/worse...its all good. I know some love the 10 lights, some love the older 'retro' (me included), my least favorite was the 10, no offense to those that love'em, just not my fave...
Tim

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
I think I could handle the change to the rear end... as long as the Coyote engine upgrade was part of the package. What's it make??? Around 100hp more than the engine it replaced! ;)
yes-sir-ee the gt jumped from 315 to 412 in '11(even the new v6 for '11 got 305 hp), next yr the coyote is 420 hp. the 13 gt500 though is going to be 650hp/600 ft-lb!!! crazy times hp wise. Im still hoping to see a BOSS429 version return- the Coyote was designed to be seven litre capable :)
Tim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts