Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've had a lot of work done to them they flow 311 on intake at .800, 302 at .700. Great valve job and new guides were installed. They are the older castings and I'm just not sure. Casting number 20-450-58-0. Intake ports are at 205. What do you guys think. Steve Schmidt in Indy fixed them up.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Flow is flow regaurdless of how "up to date" the castings are. Go over your flow sheets and compare the figures throughout the lift range to other heads you are thinking about running. Canfields have always been pretty good heads. I would think that any gains you get over going to an AFR or other would not be worth the extra $1500 you will need to invest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChicoB on 7/7/06 1:36pm ]</font>

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I would bolt them on and go have some fun!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tonys10sec306 on 7/7/06 10:06pm ]</font>

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
They're worthless. Send them to me and I'll make sure they get put where they should be.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't get me wrong, I really like the heads I've just heard a lot of stories about the older canfields cracking, so was just wondering if others on here have had problems with the older castings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts